When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1920ish Excelsior deluxe update

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

theterrym

Finally riding a big boys bike
I had a very busy day. The wheels are trued up and tires on and the old gal can finally stand up on her own. I figured since
it now resembles a bike I would move it from project rides to pre 33. Everything was going very well until I made a fatal mistake.
I had my wife help me put the seat on.*I held everything in place and I just wanted her to tighten the bolt. Two turn in she
dropped the wrench, it hit the frame and left a huge chunk of paint missing. She felt really bad, but I told her it sucks, but isn't
that hard to do a small repair(I do this everyday for a living). She did give me permission to tell the tale since it was a good story
and we both agreed she wont be helping with any further assembly. Im so happy to see it almost done it really doesn't bother me.
The handle bars are a bit of a nightmare. Im determined to save them, but it is a huge job. The ends were so rusted I had to cut them off and replace as well as the center where it attaches to the stem. At some point in the bikes life the bars were loose so the owner fixed this by jamming
a large steel spike in the stem. the bars were tight again, but the bars were badly bent and crushed. it will be a lot of hours, but ill get them right again.:)

Attachments

• DSC_6083.jpg
    DSC_6083.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 438
  • DSC_6085.jpg
    DSC_6085.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 430
  • DSC_6090.jpg
    DSC_6090.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 425
The first chip is, by far, the hardest, you'll be surprised how easy it gets now. Your wife sounds like a trooper, good for you. Bike is coming along beautifully, can't wait to see more.

Chit happens. We have all been there with you brother..nice project that you can always repair. GL.

My wife responded by saying " Well at least the chip is shaped like a heart" after that its just funny and yea I know there will be more!!(chips I mean not wives)
I feel im pretty lucky since I can keep bikes all over the house and she has no problem with it.

Paint a little red heart at that spot with your wife's initials in the middle. It will put a big smile on her face.

OH MAN---I wish that was my bike, chip and all. I absolutely love the colors. Great job.

Back