When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beautiful 1956 Streamliner from Original Owner

-

Nickinator

Riding my '38 Deluxe Bluebird
We picked up this beautiful Opal Red Streamliner last week from the original family, father had passed away a few years ago, and his daughter was looking for a good home for it- it had been in storage for decades.

Funny story with this - the bike is original down to the tires, but was missing the red grips (had one but it was shot).

2 days before it was posted for sale, I bought a junk 50's Schwinn that had been run over then laid in mud for years...but for $30 I figured I'd find something usable on it... Nope! Everything was shot on that bike, even the bearings! EXCEPT FOR.....the red grips, once they were soaked in hot water and Tide for a day, actually came nice and clean.

So I said to Nick, well I guess there's my $30 back, I don't need them so will put them up for sale, but he *insisted* that I hang on to them...?..OK....Nick psychic??

So the seller said she got many, many responses from her ad...but the only one she replied to was ours. Not sure why. But when we showed up with the exact red grips for it...it didn't seem so coincidental anymore. Strange how things work.

So she is looking for pics of her father with the bike, it's always awesome to have some history and photos with it. We've kept her updated over the last week on the progress of disassembly/cleaning/polishing/regreasing etc., and she is really pleased. Said her Dad would be very pleased too...interesting, she thought this bike needed a restoration! :D

Nick says it rides great. Sure is purty, Schwinn really did good on this model and color!

Darcie/Nick
streamliner before 1.jpg
streamliner after 1.jpg
streamliner after A.jpg
streamliner after B.jpg
streamliner after C.jpg
streamliner after D.jpg
streamliner after E.jpg
streamliner after F.jpg
streamliner after G.jpg

streamliner before 1.jpg

streamliner after 1.jpg

streamliner after A.jpg

streamliner after B.jpg

streamliner after C.jpg

streamliner after D.jpg

streamliner after E.jpg

streamliner after F.jpg

streamliner after G.jpg

Wow! Primo bike and awesome story, great score. The colors are crazy nice!

Last edited:
Oh My Gawd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tell me you're keeping that one!! ...hey, my birth date bike!

Last edited:
Dear Santa,
I have not been very good this year, but at least I sold more bikes than I bought.
I am learning the value of the dollar, and respect for others property.
I would leave you cookies, but I realize you can't eat gluten and are lactose intolerant.
I would like a Red 1956 Schwinn Streamliner, and not the AAR Cuda, or the 69 Z-28.
Say hello to Mrs. Claus 4 me. thank you,
bricycle

P.S; I take back all the bad things I ever said about Schwinns...(well some of it anyway)

Last edited:
Back