When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bike work stand

-

Oldude13

Finally riding a big boys bike
Can some one recommend a good bicycle work stand? I need one Maybe a table/bench mount type
Thanks

Nothing beats a Park, and in this case it's best to buy "more" than you think you'll need. Get the top of the line and it'll be a joy to use for longer than we're around ;)

http://www.parktool.com/product/deluxe-bench-mount-repair-stand-prs-4-2-1

PRS421_001-1.jpg

i bought a "bike hand" fullstand off of amazon. Holds the heaviest ballooner with no issues. Was about $90

I've got a Park bench mount. Got a deal off local Craigslist. It works great. Only thing I would change is t have it hang the bike farther out from the bench. Sometimes if the bike isn't perfectly straight, the pedal hits my bench when I'm adjusting gears, or whatever.
A heavy ballooner also tends to really stress the bench top, so be aware of how thick the material you're bolting it to is. I have no doubt the workbench top would give out before the work stand. LOL
Newer lightweight bikes, or Stingray-sized bikes are no problem though.

Back