When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An overdue "Thanks!"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rustjunkie

. . . . . . .
I missed this opportunity on Thanksgiving, but any time is good to say thanks I suppose.
From time to time we see a well-deserved "thank you" given to Scott SM2501 for keeping the doors of The CABE open. I'm hugely grateful to Scott for that myself, but now I'd like to thank the folks that make all of it possible day in and day out. Many of us spend much (ha! most? all??? ) of our free time here, learning, sharing info and experience, enjoying the company of other bike nuts. Without each other we'd have no one to ask about that funky-looking kickstand, nowhere to share our latest scores...we'd have no community.
So "thank you" to YOU: "thanks" to each and every CABE member. None of this would be possible without all of us.

The CABE has been great to me in my pursuit in learning this hobby. Always a quick response to questions, and advice by the truck load. Quality members and family like morals, with an occasional "rat" or two. Never knew there were so many cycle people until I found my first Monark beater and this site..................

Earlier I read Rocketman and Rustjunkie's post and have since been giving this some thought.
I don't know how websites work or really anything about computers. Sure, I took a basic computer class. "What is a mouse?" and" " How to turn your computer on."
Other then that, my obsession with old bikes brought me to the CABE ; finally learning the computer.
What I do know is everything takes work and commitment. This website cannot possibly run by itself and it has to $ cost$ somebody something to keep it going.... I never see any of those aggravating pop-ups advertising on this site......
Also I have thought about if it could ever fold up.....What would us hobbyists do?
I have a pile of long defunct bicycle news letters and magazines a least two feet high .Some folded up after only a couple issues. There will be no more printed monthly news letters for us in the future. The CABE is it.
Even places like Memory Lane that actually have a catalog and a store to go into are becoming a thing of the past.
Thank You to everyone who brings this website into our homes......for free, and to all those who daily contribute their knowledge .:)

what he said and thanks very much from jaf/co

I missed this opportunity on Thanksgiving, but any time is good to say thanks I suppose.
From time to time we see a well-deserved "thank you" given to Scott SM2501 for keeping the doors of The CABE open. I'm hugely grateful to Scott for that myself, but now I'd like to thank the folks that make all of it possible day in and day out. Many of us spend much (ha! most? all??? ) of our free time here, learning, sharing info and experience, enjoying the company of other bike nuts. Without each other we'd have no one to ask about that funky-looking kickstand, nowhere to share our latest scores...we'd have no community.
So "thank you" to YOU: "thanks" to each and every CABE member. None of this would be possible without all of us.

A big thanks to you Scott and Scott and all the others working behind the scenes.Your time and effort is much appreciated.

In addition to thanking Scott M. for hosting/maintaining this site I believe a special thanks goes to the moderators who keep the place running. This is truly a thankless job and can't even imagine how many PMs they sift through to deal with everything from SPAM to arbitrating business transactions. I've been on other forums including the Wheelmen and the old Schwinn forum and despite a little drama every now and then this place is bliss compared to those which is due directly to the hard work the mods put in. So to Dave, Patrick, Scott A., and the rest a big thanks! (for not banning me:cool:) V/r Shawn

Last edited:
Back