When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rust Bucket Rescue

-

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
So you are at a swap and buried in a corner is this relic that everyone passes by.
Good reason too.... RUST.....original paint.....GONE. It has a tank but it looks like Swiss cheese.
Then you start thinking: "I have a decent chainring and crank at home....it's got a springer, rack and tank.... do I really want another hopeless case?"

$160.00 later and it's in the truck going home with me.
Decided to have some fun with this one. Added the J.C. Higgins skirts. Fiber-glassed the inside of the rusted out tank and had my neighbor[God bless him] sandblast the chain guard clean.
Added this little old fender marker light from an old car to fill the rear fender screw access hole in the rack ,and a rabbit's foot and St. Christopher medal for luck.
This proves something very important here: One doesn't need a whole bucket of cash to have hours of fun in this hobby. If we weren't going into winter here I would have pedals and bars on
002.JPG
and be riding it .:)
s.jpg
003.JPG

super nice job done tinker !!!! looks like a reel nice rider too . the two tone blue one is a nother favorite one too. from bicycle larry

Nice job Tinker. These bicycles are truly rolling pieces of sculpture. What you can bring back with some imagination & thoughtful workmanship is amazing.

Back