When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadmaster Luxury Liners

-

RMS37

I live for the CABE
There have been several posts regarding the Roadmaster Luxury Liner model recently, some about the originals and some about the 1998 replica bikes. I’m collecting some information on the originals to post here and thought I would start a thread dedicated to the bikes.

I just posted pictures of Luxury Liner chain guard decals, clipped from the internet, in the gallery (check them out before the album drops out of the most recent listings!) to answer a question about how and when they were used originally.

From the original ads I have seen it appears that the early bikes did not have a chain guard decal. In 1952 the ads show the large white cursive decal similar to the one that was used for the 1998 replica. In 1953 the decal was changed to one with italic block letters. The Luxury Liner model was continued in 1954 but with significant changes and the last picture shows the chain guard decal for a 1955 Luxury Liner.

I am not a Luxury Liner expert but I hope that building a thread around the bikes on this forum will help bring forward pictures of survivors and increase everyone’s understanding of this significant Roadmaster and the of the changes and variations that were offered over the production run.

Phil,
The picture of the '53 chainguard is actually my bike. I'll try to get some pics posted by this weekend. I was wondering if you would be interested in collaborating with me on an article in the Classic Bicycle News about my Roadmaster to include a little history of the '48-53 Roadmasters and the transition from CWC to AMF. v/r Shawn

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the responce, I'm looking forward to the pictures of the 53 LL and would be happy to see what we could do regarding an artical for CBN. I'll PM you my contact info so we can discuss the project off line.

Phil,
Received your PM and will touch base with you tomorrow. I uploaded pics of my Roadmaster to the gallery. If you want the high quality ones let me know and when I can access more bandwidth--dial-up at the house--I will get them to you. v/r Shawn

Here is my Luxury Liner that I believe is a 53
vbulletin
[/url]

This is the match to my boys bike! Yes I believe this is a 53--look at the serial number on the bottom of the crank hanger and it should have a "53" there somewhere. About a month ago a blue girls bike sold on the bay fo rmore than I paid for my boys bike! I believe the headlight off the 98 reissue would work for your bike. v/r Shawn

Yes I believe this is a match for your mens luxury liner this one is for sale make me an offer on it.

Back