When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre 1937 Colson serial number project

-
Thanks so much for all the posts guys! Let's keep them coming, but please include a pic of the bike. Thanks!

couldn't see anything
When were those lug frames manufactured and offered?
Photo 1933 Colson Flyer 1.jpg 1930's Colson Flyer (night).jpg
Colson twins, 28" double drop bar frames, wrong forks/parts, both came with 24-tooth sweet hearts.

rst
I just picked this up today. I was unaware Colson made Mead Bicycles too... View attachment 978548

View attachment 978549

View attachment 978550
If not, what Colson Badge would have been
mounted horizontally?
Serial# 7728G
The Mead badge may very well be original to the bike. Are those the only badge holes? I have seen at least 2 Mead badged tandems, but this would be the first double bar. Was the crankset added? Odd that it looks to be an early tubular fork '36 with a crankset introduced in '38.

I made sure there wasn’t any other holes tapped as well and there isn’t. I agree! Never seen this before. The previous owner said the only thing he did to it was add a new front wheel and rattlecan it...lol. I bought it for $150. I have a women’s ‘36 Colson Vogue and those fenders, delta horn light and battery tube crossbar handlebars would look pretty cool on it.

Under the black paint, the fenders have 2 pinstripes about 1/2” wide on each, running from tip to tail and they’re flat braced original rivets. Thought I’d ad a pic also. *I haven’t checked the crank yet, but will today.E8F7E4A9-4EDF-4BA5-85AC-DFAF9413BCAB.jpeg

Last edited:
Back