When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some Westfield Columbia bicycle help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
2 Watt might be brighter..................but may get a shortened life. 2 "D" Cells , right ? Try a 3 Volt one . That matches the voltage from the batteries. Bulbs , darn them. I have such a mix going , I don't know what's what anymore. They still have a good selection at our local Ace Hardware stores here in Wa. . Try a few different ones........................you probably WILL see a difference. :oops: I'm betting you didn't get the key to that lock ...............huh ?

Lol nope no key... I asked the guy (which was a consignor), any chance you have the key for that lock? He was like... "I didnt even know it was there" Haha.
Then he told me the guy that found the bike, cleans out barns for a living, and the bike came from the original owners grandson. It had been sitting in the family's barn for however many years.
I'll have to check my local Ace and see if they have those bulbs

My "Barn find " bike is not even in the same class as yours . I came to the determination that, at some point (In the Barn) the bike fell over on it's side...............................THEN.....................a roof leak developed...................and dripped directly onto the Center of the bike.........so it rusts out in a circular pattern. IT WAS ROUGH ! but I dig it. It's a 1950 Monark Silver King Super Deluxe These were the 1st pictures I saw of it . o_O

IMG_20181108_103958651.jpg

IMG_20181108_104018659.jpg

My "Barn find " bike is not even in the same class as yours . I came to the determination that, at some point (In the Barn) the bike fell over on it's side...............................THEN.....................a roof leak developed...................and dripped directly onto the Center of the bike.........so it rusts out in a circular pattern. IT WAS ROUGH ! but I dig it. It's a 1950 Monark Silver King Super Deluxe These were the 1st pictures I saw of it . o_O

View attachment 983908

View attachment 983909
Wow yeah that's what it looks like happened. Cool centered bike rust look though

View attachment 982757
I know I'm a noob, but any reason why a lock would be under the seat?
That's a great place to put your lock without it beating up the paint and clanging around. Plus it's with the bike wherever you go.

View attachment 982758
Or why there are two reflectors under a reflector?

The extra reflectors are filling holes where the drop stand clip was attached to the fender. This bike would have had a drop stand originally.

Congrats on a sweet bike!!:cool::cool:

Thanks!! :cool:
Hm wonder if I could find a drop stand for it. Idk if there are different sizes. Also I cant find a headlight lense even on ebay... I think that's my next move if I could come across one

You can find drop stands. Their not cheap. ALSO , yes , different sizes and styles. Search for one that is specific to Westfield/Columbia . Others may work . You will also need the clip. All clips do not fit all stands....................so get the two together if you can. Measure your bike ahead of your search ( Hole behind the "Ears " at rear dropout ) to farthest point back on rear fender . this should get you in the ballpark for "length" Not sure if your should be braced or not. Maybe someone here has one you can see for the style , and measurements. Be patient you will find one. ;) Almost forgot.............What diameter lenze do you need....................I have some spares layin' around . :rolleyes:

You can find drop stands. Their not cheap. ALSO , yes , different sizes and styles. Search for one that is specific to Westfield/Columbia . Others may work . You will also need the clip. All clips do not fit all stands....................so get the two together if you can. Measure your bike ahead of your search ( Hole behind the "Ears " at rear dropout ) to farthest point back on rear fender . this should get you in the ballpark for "length" Not sure if your should be braced or not. Maybe someone here has one you can see for the style , and measurements. Be patient you will find one. ;) Almost forgot.............What diameter lenze do you need....................I have some spares layin' around . :rolleyes:
Thanks, I'll have to do a measurement on both, the drop stand and the light lense. I could hold off on the drop stand for now with the high prices. I do need a lense though! Do you know if you can take the headlight switch apart and clean the contacts? I have to find a point with the switch to where the light stays on. I cant turn it on by switching it all the way to the on position for the light to come on

Back