When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help finding headset cup

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bubkutz

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hi. So I’m trying to put together my ‘57-‘59 Hawthorne frame. There was one cup in the frame when I receive it but I need to buy a whole headset or just a new cups that fit in the head tube. I had two on hand which didn’t fit. I’m having trouble finding the correct headset or even just the right cups. I’ll be running a 1” threaded BMX fork.
I’ve added some pictures of the chrome cup that was in the frame when I received it.
The outside where the bearing sits is 43.5 mm and the part that goes into the frame is 33 mm.
E5648EDA-2051-43C1-89B1-82F38D0F3B9C.jpeg

F09B8235-0E22-45A0-B182-01AC1462F093.jpeg

40A15CB4-16E7-497E-9493-E394E94FB397.jpeg

The black cup is a regular 1” BMX threaded headset but it’s too loose in the head tube.
33449B53-5B29-427E-8DE9-BE11BFA977F6.jpeg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
The only cups I found that may work are below. Would they work with a 1” for though?
https://www.bicycledesigner.com/bike-parts/bicycle-bearings-and-cups/headset-cups-type-b.html

Pictures of the frame would help so we could see who made it for Gambles Dept. store, Hiawatha just their name.

You may want to ask one of the moderators to move your thread to the wanted section. Likely you will have more like there.

You may want to ask one of the moderators to move your thread to the wanted section. Likely you will have more like there.

That may be next but I’m more so looking for what cup I would need. If I can, I’d like to buy a whole new headset preferably in black.

Maybe a 33mm headset cup; not sure if the last one that I got was a Ross. Be patient as many sellers don’t measure or don’t say. 1-5/16”?
I recall searching for 33mm headsets, mostly hits for Italian 33mm stack-height headsets.
Reminds me of a Snyder middle weight frame. Maybe Worksman bikes may use the same size?
33 is the key don’t worry about the other dimension and certainly not the color.
34mm or 1-1/8” standard mountain bike headset is not what you need.

Last edited:
Back