When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Another puncture on.the Vindec yesterday.
Dug the Rudge out of the garage today and took it for a 15 miler.....
WP_20190511_14_31_50_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20190511_14_33_56_Pro (3).jpg

Still fun to ride, I should ride it more!

Out on the custom '57 Raleigh this evening, 10 miles.
Took another detour along a footpath, had to walk it uphill to the marker post, ground too soft to ride on.....
WP_20190511_19_30_47_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20190511_19_31_08_Pro.jpg

We're all going to be using that great camera angle soon Pete!
Sat at the marker post for a good 20 minutes, watching a Hare, it eventually came within 15 feet of me but I didn't get my phone out to ruin the moment. You'll have to make do with this shot; zoom in and you'll see it.....
WP_20190511_19_32_48_Pro.jpg

The downhill section from the top looked quite inviting through the wheat field.....
WP_20190511_19_44_14_Pro.jpg

I was frustrated though by the deep tractor ruts every 30 feet, meaning a slower descent than I'd hoped for. The section through the bean field was a little better though.....
WP_20190511_19_46_54_Pro (2).jpg

Eventually rejoined the road just over Cholsey Hill.....
WP_20190511_19_49_22_Pro (2).jpg

Got home to find my friend Rob, struggling to start his '58 Lambretta, ready for our classic vehicle rally tomorrow.
He's been working on it all day. It's a ratrod speed machine, featuring a heavily modified 225 cc engine, it does over 90mph! Fast for a '50s Lambretta!
I parked the Raleigh, gave him a push start and helped him get it going! Sounds loud.....
WP_20190511_20_09_09_Pro (2).jpg

Keep on riding!

We're all going to be using that great camera angle soon Pete!
Keep on riding!

Absolutely Darren. What a nice variation of bikes this week you have ridden. Just wonderful!

I was on something unusual for me today. Early Schwinn Excelsior with later springer. Today I stripped it, cleaned and serviced it end to end, repaired the damaged & chipped paint, trued the wheels and then rode it for about 30. It was pretty beat down and dirty when I got it. I built it three yrs ago for a close friend and promised lifetime yearly maintenance after I handed it over to him.
IMG_3431.JPG

IMG_3435.JPG

IMG_3426.JPG

Last edited:
Still remodeling the master bathroom. Got a call from the youngest son, he and his wife were moving today, and.. they needed me to help. They didn't have anymore room on the truck and had a couple more things.

Fortunately the F250 is a long bed, it was a load, including the bikes I built for both of them.

Anyway, got the stuff moved, aired up the flat tires on both bikes, and took them both for a ride. They now have a pump, I always keep one in the truck.

1951 Macy Associates, Columbia built.
20190511_181816.jpg

1980 Schwinn cruiser thing I built him. (I really dislike schwinns, so glad that he would take it from me for free.)

20190511_182129.jpg

Last edited:
Back