When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Twin flex tank and rack for ladies bike

-
Here's a couple pictures of a ladies TF that I used to own. Sheet metal appeared to be 100% original except for the wrong rear chain guard bracket. Obviously repainted but all parts looked original to the bike except for the grips, seat and light which I added. Carrier legs looked original but the bolts holding to the legs to the frame were probably changed when painted.
IMG_1301.JPG

IMG_1302.JPG

IMG_1303.JPG

That's a Macy's Special version, I would gather the factory added it.

I can assure you that rack was added. The legs were cut down from a standard rack. I'm not going to say never but no Huffman literature shows a girls '38/9 TF with a rack. Until someone can show me an original, untouched bike with a matching rack I'm inclined to think none were so equipped. V/r Shawn

I can assure you that rack was added. The legs were cut down from a standard rack. I'm not going to say never but no Huffman literature shows a girls '38/9 TF with a rack. Until someone can show me an original, untouched bike with a matching rack I'm inclined to think none were so equipped. V/r Shawn

Shawn have you ever Sean a boys TF
With out a rack
The dealership took the rack off and put it on a girls bike so he could sell a matching pair to a man and his wife.

I don’t think any manufacturers catalogue show every available color or option that they make not prewar and not now.

If a dealership make changes to something is original or not ?

James Frazier (209) 481-9464
[email protected]

Shawn have you ever Sean a boys TF
With out a rack
The dealership took the rack off and put it on a girls bike so he could sell a matching pair to a man and his wife.

I don’t think any manufacturers catalogue show every available color or option that they make not prewar and not now.

If a dealership make changes to something is original or not ?

[email protected]

Jim,
Actually there was a couple boys (1938) TF model without a rack, guard, or tank! Everyone wants to doll these up and think they came fully equipped but that wasn't the case. I agree the catalog does not always show all varieties particulalry when Huffman and others did promotional models and allowed dealers to order options a la carte. To me if the dealership added it then it is not original as it left the factory. This is what car guys call "day two" meaning that a lot of folks either had the dealer add accessroies or change stuff or they did it themselves. I have no problem with period modifcations or accessories but that isn't how they left the factory. V/r Shawn

Jim,
Actually there was a couple boys (1938) TF model without a rack, guard, or tank! Everyone wants to doll these up and think they came fully equipped but that wasn't the case. I agree the catalog does not always show all varieties particulalry when Huffman and others did promotional models and allowed dealers to order options a la carte. To me if the dealership added it then it is not original as it left the factory. This is what car guys call "day two" meaning that a lot of folks either had the dealer add accessroies or change stuff or they did it themselves. I have no problem with period modifcations or accessories but that isn't how they left the factory. V/r Shawn

Maybe we need to get Scotty to beam us back to 1937 so we can get pics as they came out the door at the factory.

So does this mean that no ranger is original because they were modified
After they left the original manufacture and how about a Shelby mustang

So you are saying Huffman May have sold a girls TF with a rack but didn’t show it in the catalogue?

[email protected]

After a closer look,the bike was originally blue with red fenders and the red over paint on the frame comes right off. Should clean up really better than I thought
Fork is stamped 4 8 April 1938 ? No letters
7CAA2F18-EC45-4ACE-9497-8AC3CB2F2609.jpeg

D252B9C6-75D9-49AC-8EF1-EF30E21D54C2.jpeg

Back