When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
promised lifetime yearly maintenance
I am in need of such a mechanic; How Much??
Price per bike? How often does it need maintenance? How many miles can I go before it needs it again?
IMG_1103.JPG

The Santa Ana River Trail was my Mother Nature Sanctuary today.

IMG_1105.jpg
IMG_1127.jpg
IMG_1128.jpg

More pics from the 1st 28 miles, before the ride to Orange.:p
IMG_1061.JPG
IMG_1065.jpg

I met @Cory this morning to ride to the HB Pier.
We chatted a bit and took pics while he drank his coffee.
Then I rode away to go to the end of Newport's Balboa peninsula; the Wedge.
IMG_1073.JPG
IMG_1078.JPG
IMG_1084.jpg
IMG_1087.jpg
IMG_1092.JPG

I met my Sweetie at her Mom's house for Mothers' Day Hugs.
I rode to the Circle City Ride in Orange from here.
Great day of riding Velvet; more than 60+ miles.
IMG_1106.JPG
IMG_1116.jpg

Even I can see this one's due for some maintenance.:eek:

I am in need of such a mechanic; How Much??
Price per bike? How often does it need maintenance? How many miles can I go before it needs it again?

I need one of those mechanics. How much? Priceless!! Price per bike? Alot. How often? Often. How many miles? It depends.
I probably shouldn't have promised him that rose garden, but he did voluntary legal work for me so he earned it. I also love to work on bikes so win/win.

21st Century Hawthorne Flyer got let out of the cage today for a couple hours. About 37mi. of riding inland towards the Santa Ana's up San Diego Creek.
IMG_3453.JPG

IMG_3454.JPG

Last edited:
Fun Mother’s Day ride on the canal with the whole family. Zip tied a basket on the bars of my 1990 Specialized Rockhopper Comp and my wife happily overlooked the inoperable front shifter. :)

We stopped by the Roadrunner on our way to what the kids call “the other far away park”.
511F2EF4-A46B-4594-A3FA-9D99991A9D14.jpeg

88CFCD72-9291-4BAC-B2BD-60020F27FA77.jpeg

So much fun riding my grandpa’s 41 World on the canal with my wife and kids. :cool:

a couple of cool bikes showed up on yesterday's group ride. Stevo and I rode in from his house to turn it into 28 needed miles.
The greenways are blown out with run-off from monsoon rains, and yesterday was a beautiful window between the rains.
First off, the lead group in the sprint totally smoked me yesterday - I had to be a minute behind them.
But a couple of bikes worth showing - first, this beautiful lugged steel Waterford with first-gen Campy Chorus (came in with the pack).
CtJNLVQ.jpg

At coffee stop, this great project bike turned out, a TiGg'd steel mountain bike frame, now on 700c wheels; a different 700c steel unicrown front fork with TiGg'd boss added for disc brake, unpainted (hasn't yet added the boss for a rear brake caliper)
Those blue-anodized levers are Paul Components Engr.
fawHqdX.jpg

and a really nice job on a smart brazed-stainless-tubing porter rack
yDMUXh2.jpg

As project bikes go, Stevo rode his Schwinn World Sport frame built with SRAM 2-speed auto, dyno lamps, though he may have found a Mercian frame to move all the parts over.
This bike has 2 gears, 78" and 55", and Steve made a very respectable showing on it, finishing about a minute behind me and far ahead of the pack.
It also does a great job on the northside rolling hills.
kQkjOrY.jpg

my '74 International - all the parts on this bike once sported my '76 Grand Prix
h9UwxW7.jpg

Last edited:
I rode my 79 Suburban to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription.
This is a lovely shot of a gloomy, getting ready to rain day, and a bunch of buzzards sitting on the roof of the church.
20190513_114707.jpg

Stared to sprinkle, parked under this conveyor. Had to wait about 20 minutes to get my prescription filled
20190513_120038.jpg
I thought I was gonna beat the rains back home. WRONG!
20190513_130742.jpg

Despite getting a little drenched, it was still a good ride.

Back