When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First (prewar) bike..... Finally

-
Put the chain tensioners on today. Also a kickstand but will need to swap it with one that does not say ''made in China'' on the front.

20190512_080407.jpg

Sure looks good with the seat on it. It still needs a lot though. Coming along slowly. I think i need to locally source a pair of modern 28 inch wheels with modern skiptooth cog (where do i find these?) .. Skiptooth chain.... And Fenders i don't want to paint it until I know what fenders I'm going to have. Patience ain't easy.

20190519_144901.jpg

Put on a front fender i had laying around. It's a 26 inch middle weight fender on a 28 inch front fork so it needed spacers. Will need to swap rims as this is the old bent new departure from my Hawthorne.... Didn't realize how bent. Worse than I thought but still not too bad. Just bent enough to rub on the inside of the fender. Maybe I'll take one of the spacers... I mean skateboard bearings out. Put these other bars on just to see what they would look like. Don't think they will be staying. I decided that for now i just need to get some paint on it. It rides solid so getting it skiptooth and adding truss rods is my new priority on this one. Funny how things change.

20190617_200210.jpg

20190617_200026.jpg

Back