When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

remember the utter POS stingray thread?

-
They had a Rambler Classic. American 220,330,440...Classic550,660,770...Ambassador880,990. Dad had a '64 Ambassador 990, 327 V8 (Rambler mid-block...nothing similar to Chevy 327 small block).
Before that (it's a very long story) he had the 64 Rambler Tarpon prototype, also 327, 4 spd. Much information online about Rambler is incorrect.
I have a 74 Matador Oleg Cassini Black/Black (copper trim).
I also have a 66 Rogue convertible 290 4 spd...1 of 1.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

The styling cues are pretty similar between some of the AMCs and the some Chrysler cars. Not the Classics or the Marlin though. Jack Webb liked them over the big Chevys LAPD tended to use AFAIK. He liked the then new Dodge truck for Emergency! which only made sense. I'm not so sure that Dragnet was as accurate a portrayal as it could have been but Webb liked smaller economical cars and good value.

You guys really don't know any thing!!The engine IS the SOUL!!!!!
OK,Brotherman

danny.jpg

Last edited:
Reminds me many years ago wife and took a truckload of working tv's to a local flea market. By afternoon we hadn't sold one.
An older fellow stopped and said the prices were too cheap, people assumed they were junk. "Double the ticket prices, see what happens", so we did.
Within next hour or so, we sold all of them.
Strange thing human nature! [emoji16]

Not me, I'm cheap. I have two 36 year old Trinitrons I got for a total of $13 at two yard sales.

This really gets me.
About 15 or so years ago my wife and I went to a restoration facility , featured in magazines, etc.
Driving up...the place looked incredible. Inside was better, tiled showroom and we got the $5 tour. The shop area was cleaner than our kitchen (yes...our kitchen is clean!) People everywhere busy welding, polishing, wrenching.
Restoration but also resto-mods, so Chevy big blocks installed in 2 seater convertibles, fabricated tube chassis.
Here's the best part. Owner said I've saved best for last. Beside basement door was a chalkboard numbered 1 thru 10. Beside each number was a rare, valuable car. Cars like 1970 hemi superbird...1965 shelby cobra 427.
Out the door there's a 10 car storage facility, each roll up door numbered 1 thru 10. By now I'm ready to pass out.
"Want to see them?" Guy asks.
"Who wouldn't!" I exclaimed.
So he unlocks and opens a few doors, my heart pounding.
However...each bay was empty...except for a shelf in back, a few miscellaneous parts in corner and a few boxes.
Within the bay was what made a 1969 Trans Am a Trans Am...the scoops, tach, wing, serial number tag(s).
I said...wait a minute!!!!! These parts you have came from totaled cars! So you find a nice green 1969 6 cylinder Firebird, put this stuff on it, new paint/upholstery and voila! You turned a $3,000 car into a $150K car!!!!! "That's right" he said.
What you guys think of that!?!?!

This really gets me.
About 15 or so years ago my wife and I went to a restoration facility , featured in magazines, etc.
Driving up...the place looked incredible. Inside was better, tiled showroom and we got the $5 tour. The shop area was cleaner than our kitchen (yes...our kitchen is clean!) People everywhere busy welding, polishing, wrenching.
Restoration but also resto-mods, so Chevy big blocks installed in 2 seater convertibles, fabricated tube chassis.
Here's the best part. Owner said I've saved best for last. Beside basement door was a chalkboard numbered 1 thru 10. Beside each number was a rare, valuable car. Cars like 1970 hemi superbird...1965 shelby cobra 427.
Out the door there's a 10 car storage facility, each roll up door numbered 1 thru 10. By now I'm ready to pass out.
"Want to see them?" Guy asks.
"Who wouldn't!" I exclaimed.
So he unlocks and opens a few doors, my heart pounding.
However...each bay was empty...except for a shelf in back, a few miscellaneous parts in corner and a few boxes.
Within the bay was what made a 1969 Trans Am a Trans Am...the scoops, tach, wing, serial number tag(s).
I said...wait a minute!!!!! These parts you have came from totaled cars! So you find a nice green 1969 6 cylinder Firebird, put this stuff on it, new paint/upholstery and voila! You turned a $3,000 car into a $150K car!!!!! "That's right" he said.
What you guys think of that!?!?!

Buyer beware. Same thing with some old bikes. People have been restoring them since the 70's,far as Im aware,maybe earlier? That means a 40 year old restoration can be passed off as 60-70 year old original gem. I've seen it. The "not tested" with respect to selling lights,horns,radios,whatever, is total bullpoop. The seller knows the item is junk and is scamming. I've NEVER had a light,horn or anything that I didnt try out soon as I could. I gave an old non working countertop radio to a guy years ago,I lost interest in that stuff. I plugged it in to let him hear the humming,thats all it had. He was so excited,saying a friend of his could fix it. Later that day,I saw it on craigslist under antiques. He wrote "untested" in the ad. Well,this guy was a friend of a friend and I no longer talk to either of them. I cant believe $40. was worth so much to them.

Last edited:
Back