When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1949 Schwinn B6 all original

-
That looks similar to the one I bought today.
66187387-410B-4542-A199-198519A48A8D.jpeg

1949 is the year of the optional Phantom seat and rear rack for the B6 and I see the Phantom seat. Pretty cool project for someone at $5- $700 I’d say.

It's one of those bikes where....As it sits? Barn fresh looking? flat tires etc... 5-7 range.
If the bike was detailed maybe? cleaned up big time? could pull a bit more...
barn fresh is appealing to many.....but often for more of a bargain price...unless its a
super rare and desirable bike. These are desirable, but quite common, especially in the color ...dark red/maroon

Thread is a little old, but 30 or 40 hours to overhaul?! I'd have that thing nut and bolt, fit and finish, in no time flat!
However you do it is up to you. If you want to do it right you completely take the bike apart this includes unlacing the wheels. Once the bike is completely in pieces there are over 400 pieces. I reuse all the pieces that came off the bike. Wirewheel all the hardware chase the threads. Wirewheel all the spoke nipples rebuild hubs. Travel to LBS for new tubes and tires, etc, etc. Search for replacement parts where needed. Spend time tracking a package of lost replacement parts in the mail. If you can bang them out in no time flat good for you.

Back