When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to display headbadges???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Attachments

• Display.jpg
    Display.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 54
An idea just crossed my mind. You know that pipe wrap (insulating) stuff that has a slit in it. You could use that and just stick pin the badges to that. Re-enforce the insulating wrap with wood dowel inside. You could then lay them in straight rows in a box for moving, of course wrapping each "pole" with paper to avoid scratches. The stick pins I've seen are very small ball type, not the push pins you see on cork boards.

Thank you.

Didn't think of a floating wall display...great idea!

With all due respect, badges BELONG on the bikes. How about photo's of badges? Even easier to store/display, and WAY cheaper! :)
...Brought to you by the "Save the bikes badge coalition"

Badges BELONG on the bikes. How about photo's of badges?

It's obvious you haven't seen the tasty photo collection of Untitled's Schwinn badge collection in the Gallery http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=661.

Sure you can make a collage of the photos of the badges and frame it...but it's not the same as the real deal!

I read somewhere that Schwinn produced over 500 different head badge designs...(many of the bikes were the same models, but had different retailers names on the head badge). Honestly, I don't need to see every bike frame marketed by Schwinn...but a quick glimpse of Untitled's badge collection gives me a visual snapshot and an impressive insight as to how prolific they were!

It's obvious you haven't seen the tasty photo collection of Untitled's Schwinn badge collection in the Gallery http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=661.

Sure you can make a collage of the photos of the badges and frame it...but it's not the same as the real deal!

I read somewhere that Schwinn produced over 500 different head badge designs...(many of the bikes were the same models, but had different retailers names on the head badge). Honestly, I don't need to see every bike frame marketed by Schwinn...but a quick glimpse of Untitled's badge collection gives me a visual snapshot and an impressive insight as to how prolific they were!

Would you pay big bucks or restore a Harley bicycle if you could never put a badge on it???

Last edited:
Avatar photo of Fabio is weird Dave,

Dave, your Avatar photo of Fabio is disturbing. Yikes! I forgot what this thread is about. A secrete obsession finally out of the closet?

Would you pay big bucks or restore a Harley bicycle if you could never put a bage on it???

If I were a collector of bicycle badges (a subset of this hobby) and I lived in a small apartment as Untitled has mentioned as to how he resides, my challenge would be how to enjoy the hobby; procuring, displaying, storing, and maintaining my treasures without being overwhelmed with the abundance of complete bicycle frames? So hell yeah, I would pay big dollars for an H-D badge if it were to advance my compact collection.

Personally, I don't see the aesthetic appeal of the Harley bike itself...to me it's just a standard Teen frame very common for that era. And since Harley Davison never produced the bike, I don't understand all of the hoopla? Wasn't it the Davis Sewing Machine company that manufactured the bike and badged them for the H-D dealer network?

So my answer to your question is, no I wouldn't attempt to restore a Davis bicycle if it wasn't originally H-D badged :)

Back