When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Continental Headbadge...Round...

-

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Does anyone know when Schwinn stopped using this round headbadge on the Continental?

IMG_3533.jpg

Looks like the last year the head badge was round and Continental specific was 62. 63 thru 66 still had a round badge but sported the S. 67 it went oval.

Here's the same model on that re-paint Continental I bought. All the paint is long gone on it, but once I polish it up it will still have a nice look to it. Ah, the craftsmanship and caring that went into the old bikes. Long gone, but that's why we covet them! :)

IMG_4737.jpg

That particular badge was probably no longer when the old Continental production stopped. The 1960-62 was aluminum and printed, no raised detailing.
Howdy! How are you? I had a fellow ask me what head badge the 1964 Schwinn Continental would've had? Do you know? Thanks, Barry

Howdy! How are you? I had a fellow ask me what head badge the 1964 Schwinn Continental would've had? Do you know? Thanks, Barry

The round aluminum with the S in the red center and two red rings. I'll see if I can find a good picture for details. Most all of these are found with the red ink faded away. All my bikes have the faded out red ink detailing.

1560398560230.png

Back