When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seized Nipple Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Have you tried PB blaster?
I have had better luck with that than with wd 40. Heat is usually a good last resort.
I have used a spoke wrench, turned it to the left then stuck a screw driver in the wrench to keep it twisted in that direction then heated it up. Sometimes works sometimes not...

I have used a spoke wrench, turned it to the left then stuck a screw driver in the wrench to keep it twisted in that direction then heated it up. Sometimes works sometimes not...
Of my three, one came loose, another snapped off in the nipple and the third is still stuck. This method sounds worth a try. thanks.

I hate it when I mix my old original grease with the new modern stuff it just doesn’t feel the same too me...I feel like I violated the bike...
here's what you can do...take that old worn grease, scrape it off and grind it into a powdery paste. Then, add a little 100% virgin olive oil, the good stuff from the top shelf at the grocery store, mix it until it's moist again and right back into those hubs or bottom bracket! Maintained in her pure condition....

Last edited:
That’s great if it works but I’m a 40+ year mechanic and body man ....food oil isn’t petroleum it’s a deadly combo on bearings. I use petroilum grease designed for high stress and heat...which preserves the bicycle and improves the bicycle ride qualities.
here's what you can do...take that old worn grease, scrape it off and grind it into a powdery paste. Then, add a little 100% virgin olive oil, the good stuff from the top shelf at the grocery store, mix it until it's moist again and right back into those hubs or bottom bracket! Maintained in her pure condition....

hat’s great if it works but I’m a 40+ year mechanic and body man ....food oil isn’t petroleum it’s a deadly combo on bearings. I use petroilum grease designed for high stress and heat...which preserves the bicycle and improves the bicycle ride qualities.
Couldn't agree more, Redline. I was just throwing out a little BS for fun. While I enjoy the pursuit of OE, I also put grease in the same category as as chain lube and air in the tires...meant to be replaced regularly. As for nipples, I'll just resist the temptation to follow CyclingDay down the Kama Sutra path....which really belongs on the Babes On Bikes thread.

Kama Sutra oil works best when encountering a stuck nipple.
It gets those babies loosened up in no time.
Pretty soon, you’ll be spinning them between your fingers with reckless abandon.
Says Tempest Storm!

CB8C0437-6F9B-4B1A-9BF3-124DE7640419.jpeg

Back