When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bikes & Buses (and Cool Old Cars With Bikes)

-
Man that is one cool old bike hauler. I saw one of these double door type 2's on the pickers last nite that sat in a guy's shed for 10+ years and sold for $10,000.oo with no motor or trans. So how many bikes can you haul? Ride ON. Razin.
I’d be willing to bet it wasn’t a double sliding door split window bus ( pre- 68 ), less than 10 known in the world.
81C864B1-5064-4570-A797-CF294025AD4A.jpeg

7B2E8C18-25B9-4D44-9F7B-090772D8F715.jpeg

That is most certainly what it appears to be. Whether it was built from Hannover that way, I could not say. A few folks are good enough to add parts from a model 214 to make a double door 215. My friend made a 4 door 1978 double cab. Looked real.

I’d be willing to bet it wasn’t a double sliding door split window bus ( pre- 68 ), less than 10 known in the world.View attachment 1017354
View attachment 1017355
Yeah i think it was like early to mid 60's. It was a rare one. He had a 23 window samba and a Combi van. They bought all 3 for around $30,000. CRAZY Money i'd say. Pretty cool Vdubs. Razin.
That is most certainly what it appears to be. Whether it was built from Hannover that way, I could not say. A few folks are good enough to add parts from a model 214 to make a double door 215. My friend made a 4 door 1978 double cab. Looked real.
If these were made in hannover, My great grand parents came from their in the late 1890's. Man it's a small world. Razin.

Yeah i think it was like early to mid 60's. It was a rare one. He had a 23 window samba and a Combi van. They bought all 3 for around $30,000. CRAZY Money i'd say. Pretty cool Vdubs. Razin.

If these were made in hannover, My great grand parents came from their in the late 1890's. Man it's a small world. Razin.
Even smaller than you know. SO DID MY GRANDFATHER. Same grandfather contributed $25 for my fist full sized bike. With that money my dad bought a used 1954 green Schwinn Traveler 3 speed. In kinda tatty shape. He fixed the front hub, BB, head bearings, adjusted the brakes. (new to him, he'd only had coaster brakes before). Dad fussed over those expensive S-6 tires. That was 1959. Grandpa and Dad are gone. I still have the Schwinn Traveler. Pretty good investment.

You are a lucky man. I never even owned a schwinn until i started making my own money. My dad bought me my first new bike in 1967 when i was seven, a Hiawatha cadet. I wish i still had mine. Oh well. Bikes and life goes on. Have about a dozen or so know. Ride On. Razin.

Back