When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn head badge book news, I can finally tell you the name, It's copyrighted.

-
Howdy folks! I read through the proof of the book over the last several days and made a few changes. Now I have an appointment on Wednesday @ 2:00 with the printing company. After that, it'll be about a week & half. It's copyrighted and registered now, so now I can tell you the name of the book. I've been wanting to show it to you guys in a bad way. Check it out!

87 books are spoken for already, now there's only 13 left. Do to the cost, and not knowing if people would buy them or not, I decide to start off with a hundred books. Looks like I'll be back at the printers sooner than I thought! Unfortunately, I had to bump the price up $3.00. Sorry about that. The books are 8.5 x 11, 311 pages, 211 of which are color photos and will cost $43.00 each.

Copyright © 2019 by Barry E. Gray

All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review or scholarly journal.
View attachment 1013175
Gray's Field Guide to Schwinn Head badges
GREAT COMBO BADGE!
HOW ABOUT POSTING A COUPLE OF PAGES?

GREAT COMBO BADGE!
HOW ABOUT POSTING A COUPLE OF PAGES?
Thanks! Here's a couple pages, but the formatting was and is all screwed up after loading it onto the Cabe? Wrong font, wrong size font, badges to close together, etc. I don't know whay the Cabe made the letters blue either?

Federated Department Stores
Federated members were located in many different cities across the world

Badges used by Abraham & Straus, Bloomingdales, Boston Store and Lazarus. All members of Federated Department Stores.

1561340417412.png
1561340448368.png
1561340480638.png
1561340529733.png

The obituary below tells how Federated Department Stores came about.

Fred Lazarus, Jr. was born on October 29th 1884 in Columbus Ohio, and died May 27th 1973 in Cincinnati Ohio. He was a American merchandiser who parlayed his family’s small but successful department store into a $1.3 billion holding company known as Federated Department Stores.

At age 10 Lazarus began selling in his family’s department store, F. & R. Lazarus, in Columbus, Ohio. At 18 he left Ohio State University to work full time. The store operated on the belief that the customer had to be happy, and, as a result, business prospered.

In 1921, Lazarus suggested to a merchant's group (the Retail Research Association) that all its members keep their books the same way in order to share profit and sales information. The idea was accepted. The group formed the Associated Merchandising Corporation.

In 1930 Lazarus joined forces with the owners of William Filene’s Sons in Boston, Abraham & Straus in Brooklyn, and finally with the owners of Bloomingdale’s in Manhattan and formed Federated Department Stores. Lazarus took the leadership of Federated in 1945 at the age of 61 and developed it into a huge corporation before turning control over to his son Ralph in 1966. By that time the company had some 200 stores nationwide.

Federated Department Store members
1561340257902.png

If you will notice Boston Store (Majestic badge), Bloomingdale’s (Lexington badge), Lazarus (Air-liner badge) and Abraham & Straus (Flash badge) are all listed in the advertisement above. I don’t know if the other stores listed had their own badge or not. They most likely did.

Last edited:
Barry

I'm happy to hear you finally got your book to the printer. I should be down for a copy, please sign and include the sticker. If you ever make a run of the badge I'd like one please.

Congratulations - Mike

BARRY, ARE THE BADGES FULL COLOR LIKE YOU POSTED?
IF SO, I WOULD LIKE A BOOK.
AUTOGRAPHED, ETC
LOVE THAT FIRST COMBO PIC YOU POSTED!.jpg

Last edited:
Barry

I'm happy to hear you finally got your book to the printer. I should be down for a copy, please sign and include the sticker. If you ever make a run of the badge I'd like one please.

Congratulations - Mike
You got it! Thanks, I appreciate it. Barry

BARRY, ARE THE BADGES FULL COLOR LIKE YOU POSTED?
IF SO, I WOULD LIKE A BOOK.
AUTOGRAPHED, ETC
LOVE THAT FIRST COMBO PIC YOU POSTED!
Thanks Wes! Yes, all the badges are color photos and shown their actual size. 211 pages of color photos. Barry

Back