When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1891 New Mail Gentlemans Light Roadster

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
If I told the story ,no one would believe it , there is an article about the race , in sports illustrated Dec 91 , ,
I remember that race it was in defiance Ohio. Keith Pariani came in first, Walter branch came in second, and Michael Gabrick a.k.a. Shadow came in third. I won a High Wheel race on my 1887 56” Victor I had just restored. Full nickel except the wheels, I painted them black because I didn’t want to tear apart the original spokes to plate the hubs

How close were you to the big highwheel crash
Right on the corner where it happened. It appeared to me that Steve Carter was at fault. But it was a bad place to put the finish line soo close to the corner of the track ! I didn’t get to compete in those races because I got real sick “heat exhaustion “ from the race I won.

I thought it was in Findley , Ohio , good thing you did not get in the crash , Keith did not win in a fair way , it does not matter , because I know you are friends with him , so it would not be worth my time or effort , thanks for your comments , . I am done

I'm almost done too. My phone with its lumited data access wouldn't open the story of the race. Although it does say you were ahead by 40 meters for most of the race ; untill the final turn..... then it cut off. And if I go on eBay it won't open up on items. That's normal for me though. I'm gonna use a tablet and wifi to scour the internet for parts and info.

Who ever gets it , is in for a big surprise , I am not interested , I have the best one , ever found , and the only one in the most complete condition .thanks to everyone who commented
It looks like a $2000 - $3000 bike to me in that condition !

Snippet from SI Dec. 1991 issue...(I enjoy Walter's CABE posts! Legend...)

Saturday began with the 1,200-meter men's hard-tire safety race. Walter Branche, a bike historian who works for Schwinn, held a 40-meter lead most of the way. But then Pariani came roaring off the final turn, passed Branche with 20 meters to go and earned his second victory. Afterward Pariani, a swimming-pool builder from Lake Helen, Fla., said, "I've known Branche since 1969, and he and I are tremendously competitive."
"He's the one who competes." said Branche with a sniff. "I just give him someone to compete against."
As Branche spoke, Tammy Haley, a 36-year-old phys-ed teacher, used his bike to beat her Plainfield neighbor and friend Carolyn Carter in the women's 1,200-meter hard-tire safety race. When asked whether he would take part in other races, Branche replied, "I have a machine. It's that red boneshaker there. But I'm not going to race it."

https://www.si.com/vault/1991/12/30...e-ivca-world-championships-for-vintage-racing

I remember that race it was in defiance Ohio. Keith Pariani came in first, Walter branch came in second, and Michael Gabrick a.k.a. Shadow came in third. I won a High Wheel race on my 1887 56” Victor I had just restored. Full nickel except the wheels, I painted them black because I didn’t want to tear apart the original spokes to plate the hubs
My bad it was Findlay Ohio

I thought it was in Findley , Ohio , good thing you did not get in the crash , Keith did not win in a fair way , it does not matter , because I know you are friends with him , so it would not be worth my time or effort , thanks for your comments , . I am done
Was he doping?

Back