When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see em!!

-
Here are a few from my collection...
2013-06-29a 67 Schwinn Racer new saddle bags.JPG

2011-09-22f Schwinn Super Sport fleet smaller.jpg

2012-03-15c 1971 Schwinn Collegiate burgundy.JPG

2013-03-31a 1975 Schwinn Suburban Sky Blue.JPG

I have nothing earlier than a couple1962 models and nothing later than a 66. Here's just a few of my lightweights.

1962 Continental 15 speed, but not a Super Conti. Was originally a tourist model.

View attachment 1020643

One owner near mint late 1961 Conti with the factory Huret upgrade and new style decals.

View attachment 1020644

One owner near mint 65 Varsity Tourist that was pulled out of an attic in Scottsdale after 35+ years hibernating. Original owner was a retired Air Force pilot.

View attachment 1020646

I pieced together this copy of my favorite childhood bike that I purchased new in the Summer of 1964, 1964 Lime Varsity.

View attachment 1020653

View attachment 1020654
Did you ever do anything with the Terra Cotta Varsity?

Did you ever do anything with the Terra Cotta Varsity?

I did very little to it, didn't need much, so just enough to get it rolling again with the correct parts. New grease when I put it back together and just wiped it down with some Pledge. Took a while to find, but I got the correct Sprint freewheel, removed the suicide brake lever extensions and fixed the damaged they did to the quick release on the levers. The bars are wrapped with white flexon tape for that catalog correct look. lol

Never did take any pictures of it when I got it put back together though. I was going to do that after the chrome and paint was all detailed but never got that far. :eek:
The before pictures. 1964 Terra Cotta Varsity

2013-08-14a 1964 Schwinn Varsity Terra Cotta.JPG

2013-08-14n 1964 Schwinn Varsity Terra Cotta.JPG

Somewhat rare metal stem.

2013-08-14i 1964 Schwinn Varsity Terra Cotta (2).JPG

2013-08-14j 1964 Schwinn Varsity Terra Cotta.JPG

Picked up this '53 a while ago but never got any pics of it. I'm thinking it may have been a Varsity or maybe a Traveler. Ad on CL said "Old bike $30" and had poor photos. Had to grab it once I saw it. Pretty sure it belonged to Burl Ives. I don't have any documentation but, ah..... check this out...
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wish he'd a kept it red
image.jpg

image.jpg

And here's Burl

Super bummed!
EFA14C12-5FF6-4192-AAA2-1E7FA9B6080D.jpeg

My 46 Continental build just arrived, and this frame is cracked as well. Uggh!
I had such high hopes for this one, and now I’m just going to pull the plug on it.
I’ll be in the market for a good quality version of the same, if any of you guys spot one.
I’m not in the mood to try and repair this one, since it’s original condition was such an important part of the build.
I’m over it now.

Super bummed!View attachment 1024187
My 46 Continental build just arrived, and this frame is cracked as well. Uggh!
I had such high hopes for this one, and now I’m just going to pull the plug on it.
I’ll be in the market for a good quality version of the same, if any of you guys spot one.
I’m not in the mood to try and repair this one, since it’s original condition was such an important part of the build.
I’m over it now.
That blows

Picked up this '53 a while ago but never got any pics of it. I'm thinking it may have been a Varsity or maybe a Traveler. Ad on CL said "Old bike $30" and had poor photos. Had to grab it once I saw it. Pretty sure it belonged to Burl Ives. I don't have any documentation but, ah..... check this out...
Traveler had SS fenders, Varsity fenders were painted.

Back