When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
I find your antique bikes facinating.
Welcome @Chuck S to theCABE Enjoy the Ride!
This afternoon Sweetie and I rode to the library and around HB Central park a few times.
Of course a meal is part of the trip; The Habit this time.
IMG_2734.JPG
IMG_2732.JPG
IMG_2730.JPG
IMG_2735.jpg

That's a @Boris custom reflector on the saddle of the Clipper; Dig it!

Welcome @Chuck S to theCABE Enjoy the Ride!
This afternoon Sweetie and I rode to the library and around HB Central park a few times.
Of course a meal is part of the trip; The Habit this time.
View attachment 1033941View attachment 1033942View attachment 1033943View attachment 1033944
That's a @Boris custom reflector on the saddle of the Clipper; Dig it!
I miss seeing adds for @Boris reflectors. ;)

They are nice.

Of course sometimes I miss Huntington Beach very much @tripple3 , then I remember that the house I lived in isn't there anymore and there is a mini mansion in it's place.

Triple3 you have a very cool looking bike. Those springs on the saddle are huge. I have never ridden a bike like that, I suspect it must be very comfortable.
Blackbomber I have a modern road bike and a cheap Aluminum frame cruiser also. But the Trek is special, feels like a part of me when I ride it. I put 4500 miles on the Trek in the last 7 years. I will never sell that bike.
You guys are a bad influence though, really got me thinking about getting a classic balloon tire bike. I really like the look of the swept handlebars and curvy frames. I do wonder what it would be like to ride a bike that I expect is much heavier than what I typically ride. My cheap aluminum cruiser weighs only 27 lbs, even though it is a single speed a long ride is not a problem.

You know, @Chuck S, to keep a bike for 25 years... and to still be riding it - that says something about you, and your Trek.

Welcome to the Cabe.
wait, you all don't have bikes you have had since they were new? :)

I have had this one for 41 years, got it right after high school, it started life as a Huffy Good Vibrations. Which reminds me, it needs to get back in the rotation for a few days.
20190331_181031.jpg

wait, you all don't have bikes you have had since they were new? :)

I have had this one for 41 years, got it right after high school, it started life as a Huffy Good Vibrations. Which reminds me, it needs to get back in the rotation for a few days.View attachment 1033967
Very cool bike. Wow, 41 years. I wish I had keep the new Varsity I got in 71, it would be 48 years. I got swayed by a nice looking Motobecane Super Mirage in 77. Sold that one too. I really like that springer fork.

Back