When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
@Chuck S , welcome to the gang. At least you are RIDIN' NOT HiDIN'. . Over 600 miles a year is a lot of ground you've covered.
Oh dont think ...I'll just get ONE classic or Antique bike. Plus the more bicycles you have the more different muscle groups you workout. At least thats what I tell myself...:p[/QUOTSven Sven I am with you on that. That is why I have three bikes now. Also 18 bows, as in archery, oldest one from 1952. Yet another obsession, I mean hobby. If I get an antique bike I will likely dump the cheap aluminum cruiser. My garage is only so big.

Rode the Corvette 5 speed to HB Pier. There was live music with several groups playing surf music. The US Open of Surfing starts a week from tomorrow so lots of activity getting the venue set up. Great Summer Sunday in SoCal.
20190721_144236.jpg

wait, you all don't have bikes you have had since they were new? :)

I have had this one for 41 years, got it right after high school, it started life as a Huffy Good Vibrations. Which reminds me, it needs to get back in the rotation for a few days.View attachment 1033967
Well let me think about this: All the bikes I’ve had as a kid we’re either stolen, or my parents got rid of them. The first bike I purchased on my own, a used 87 Trek 560) was loaned to a guy who got deported (never saw it again). Next bike was my ‘55 Corvette impulsed at a flea market. I still have that, and it’s led to a handful of others I still have. I’ve never actually disposed of a bike of my own will.

Well let me think about this: All the bikes I’ve had as a kid we’re either stolen, or my parents got rid of them. The first bike I purchased on my own, a used 87 Trek 560) was loaned to a guy who got deported (never saw it again). Next bike was my ‘55 Corvette impulsed at a flea market. I still have that, and it’s led to a handful of others I still have. I’ve never actually disposed of a bike of my own will.

all of my bikes from when I was a kid are gone. I had a 70 stingray, my first new bike, when I was 10, before that were hand me downs. I used the stingray to deliver papers and anything else I wanted to do. When I was 14 I traded it for a Peugeot 10 speed, rode that for a couple years, then a slew of other light weights 3 to 10 speed, as well as the bmx phase. Got out of high school, movd to southern California and bought my Huffy cruiser, some day it will have more miles on it in Texas than it did in Orange County, that will probably be soon, and I also had a couple of DG bmx bikes.. I have had a few other bikes since then, but always the Huffy, except for the 2 times it was stolen, and recovered. (thanks to that California bicycle license on the seat post, not many of those in Texas. :) ) Presently I am at 19 or 20, maybe 21 bikes, including my brides lovely ladies that she has and I take care of, and ride more than she does. ;)

Only so much room and I have a rule, if I don't ride a bike at least 3 times in a year, I have to sell it to someone who will ride it. I believe that they were made to be ridden and deserve to have that opportunity. Luckily, the 48 Monark Rocket, the 29 Westfield and the Pierce are ridden almost everyday, so they are safe for now.

DId a little test riding of this Schwinn parts bike I put together starting with a 1947 frame that had 4 coats of paint on it. Took out a couple links of chain first...and now get the chain guard back to original paint. Its a work in progress.

For sunset ride I took the trusty and crusty old Pierce. A couple weeks ago I gave it a boiled linseed oil rubdown and that really brought the paint back, just in time for the Rolling Relics SF ride! I'm a very satisfied customer of the boiled linseed oil treatment.

1563767381425.png

1563767468942.png

1563767550789.png

Back