When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I pretty stinking excited!

-

barneyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I had to tell someone! I finally was able to get my website working (The Many Faces of Schwinn). I have an analog brain in a digital world. Everything comes REALLY slow for me, and I'm to cheap to pay someone else to do it.

URL this and TLS handshake that and WOW!!!

It's been a struggle, but I'm finally getting there. You can go look at it now, but I can't take payment through paypal yet. A couple more days and I'll have that fixed, maybe about the same time I get the books.

www.themanyfacesofschwinn.com

Last edited:
How much is devoted to the bikes besides the head badge? I understand that this is mainly about the different head badges but just wondering if it’s 50/50 or just the several different Schwinn models that was sold? Sounds like it was a labor of love and will look into getting a copy. Thanks

How much is devoted to the bikes besides the head badge? I understand that this is mainly about the different head badges but just wondering if it’s 50/50 or just the several different Schwinn models that was sold? Sounds like it was a labor of love and will look into getting a copy. Thanks

It's close to 50/50, almost as many pages of bikes as badges. Each chapter is a different company. At the beginning of the chapter I have a page with the different styles badges that certain company used, along with examples of a bike or two with the badges on them, and some history of the company that sold them. There are 50 companies in the first book, and each company had their own badge or badges. It's 7/8" thick, 311 pages, 211 of which are the glossy color photos of bikes and badges. I think you'd love it. Thank you. Barry

Here's some of the bicycle photos in the book.
20190628_144846.jpg

20190628_145007.jpg

20190628_153152.jpg

20190628_144640.jpg

20190628_145000.jpg

20190628_152713.jpg

20190628_143735.jpg

20190628_143716.jpg

20190628_144714.jpg

20190628_144950.jpg

Last edited:
What a great achievement, almost 30 years of interest in the hobby, it always blows my mind when I hear or see when someone takes so much interest in just one aspect of these old relics of history, pop culture extra, very cool of you too share your thoughts, discoverments of you part of this hobby we all have intreste in.

Thank you again Barry !

Rafael

What a great achievement, almost 30 years of interest in the hobby, it always blows my mind when I hear or see when someone takes so much interest in just one aspect of these old relics of history, pop culture extra, very cool of you too share your thoughts, discoverments of you part of this hobby we all have intreste in.

Thank you again Barry !

Rafael
Thank you, I amaze myself how much I love this stuff. I feel like a little kid sometimes. "HEY! GUESS WHAT I FOUND OUT! COOL!"

I love reading a sharing history. I did good in two classes in school, math and history. I got A's in those two and flunked the rest. Ha Ha Ha

Back