When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wards Hawthorne project

-
Great job! Now put out the feelers for some nice correct grips. Very, very good job for a 1st time cleanup. Super pics....pat yourself on the back man, way to go!:cool:..
Would this bike have come with torpedo grips?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Would this bike have come with torpedo grips?

maybe, or ball end or coke bottle.

The bicycle looks great.

If you have not yet figured out how the brake arm straps to the frame, here is an example photo.

20181005_120811.jpg

New handlebar grips and I got the brake hooked up. It's done and it rides like a dream. I didn't do anything with the bent fork. It rides straight so maybe someday the next owner can tackle that issue if they choose to. Thanks to all for the encouragement, and the nice comments. It really helps when you're in unfamiliar territory.
81cc90abe0326842c3f94df03c2fcbc6.jpg
87dd6f866c9dea48bbbc9d26422c75dc.jpg

I really love this restoration project. If you wanna get me all teary eyed, post the picture with your Uncle with the bicycle when it’s done. That’ll get me where I live. Keep up the good work.
I brought him the bike today and he loved it. He has it on display in his den. He's not putting it back in the garage. He was teary eyed and so was my aunt.
8f360b971547518308cbea19d8fb6f81.jpg

Back