When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motorbike guesses?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Perfect it is a Colson! Thanks everyone!

I will check in the serial number when I am back at the lake.

Are we guessing 1935ish?

I am not convinced until we see the serial number. This will tell you 100% if it's a Colson or some other maker. Fork looks like it is for a 28" wheel., which would require (if colson) for a date of pre-1934? (EDIT-28" wheels continued through 1936-see below Fordmikes comments) Fenders look added. No guessing allowed!:D

Last edited:
I am not convinced until we see the serial number. This will tell you 100% if it's a Colson or some other maker. Fork looks like it is for a 28" wheel., which would require (if colson) for a date of pre-1934. Fenders look added. No guessing allowed!:D
Fender braces look Snyder with built-in dropstand ears. I'm pretty darn sure this is a Colson, serial or not.

Thinking it is pre-36, but these were still available in '36.
#3086. High-pressure 28" motorbike model in '36 catalog.
1565625437721.png

Can't wait for the number!!! I'm guessing now too!:D OG looking chain adjusters are a big pointer towards Colson. Frame doesn't look like it is a tallish 20-1/2" though. Seems too tight. Great 1936 advertisement by FordMike above as this shows that this red frame looks pretty similar to the green model #3046(24"???), we'll just have to wait on the serial number /wheel size.
@fordmike65 -----Pedals colson?

Last edited:
I agree that a serial number would help with narrowing the date of your Colson-built bike.
In later 1933 and 1934, Colson had paperwork showing 26" balloon tire motorbikes.
Specifications list 7" cranks for the 28" bikes; 6+1/2" for the 26".
1934 Colson catalog p5.jpgColson 1933.JPG1934 Deluxe Maroon 6.jpg
I find the 24-tooth chain rings, like yours, more convenient, with the moderate grades, maybe not so much for foothill areas.
I believe that there is even a bike club with a logo the resembles the Colson Flyer head badges.
I believe 2+3/16" badge holes, with screws, similar hole spacing as some Huffman and A&S bikes.

Last edited:
I agree that a serial number would help with narrowing the date of your Colson-built bike.
In later 1933 and 1934, Colson had paperwork showing 26" balloon tire motorbikes.
Specifications list 7" cranks for the 28" bikes; 6+1/2" for the 26".
View attachment 1046487View attachment 1046488View attachment 1046492
I find the 24-tooth chain rings, like yours, more convenient, with the moderate grades, maybe not so much for foothill areas.
I believe that there is even a bike club with a logo the resembles the Colson Flyer head badges.
I believe 2+3/16" badge holes, with screws, similar hole spacing as some Huffman and A&S bikes.
Capture+_2019-08-12-12-51-39(1).png

Back