When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Ever be in a room full of grown ups,,, by that i mean folks my age and the x games comes on tv and all the sudden your like damn did you see that and all the nerds look at you like,,, loser grow up!!!

This is the one that got me back on track! I had strayed from the bi ped! Found this at an antiques mall. I fell in love. It came home!

IMG_4545.JPG

IMG_4546.JPG

IMG_4548.JPG

IMG_4549.JPG

IMG_4550.JPG

IMG_4551.JPG

IMG_4553.JPG

I have always had a bike. When i was a kid there weren't "vintage" bikes they were near new or beaters i built! Seeing movies like Stephen Kings IT and others you'll see vintage bikes, but oddly they dont seem vintage. They just seem cool! The bikes i find are rarely complete and i need to find parts to finish them. But sometimes im buying parts off nice bikes that shouldn't be separated from the original! I wish I could find away to feel better about someone parting out a bike. They are only original once! And can be called complete and correct,,,,, but will never be original again! Im I being silly or is this a thing! I need lots of parts but hate the idea of another bike missing a seat on my account! Reading this back to myself it does sound silly,,they cant feel a thing!? But thats what my dad said about ramming a hook up a worms butt! I would love to hear thoughts on parting out! Should i feel bad?

That tank makes this bike. Hardly used 1960 Radiant red Hornet with more damage from storage verses usage. But that tank looks flawless, a NOS or appears to be fresh out if the box. The tank makes it pop.

That tank makes this bike. Hardly used 1960 Radiant red Hornet with more damage from storage verses usage. But that tank looks flawless, a NOS or appears to be fresh out if the box. The tank makes it pop.
Thank you! It needs a horn and a set of white walls. This is my best original paint bike! Ive only put a little soap and water and thats it. Its missing a reflector , i think i have one somewhere. Did the pedals myself!

IMG_2634.JPG

Anyone listen to the "bike karma" podcast! Tom brown, the dude who,,,as a labor of love has got a pretty cool show! Really interesting! Just has a super mellow vibe. Cool people doing cool stuff with all kinds of bikes! I do recommend it.

View attachment 1035008

View attachment 1035009

View attachment 1035010
I listen to this podcast! He does a great job of bringing bikers together and exploring all the avenues form history to touring and riding to bike building. I highly recommend it!

What would you value $ the 60 hornet to be???

What would you value $ the 60 hornet to be???
That's a tough one, I wouldn't know. The radiant red is sharp, vivid and doesn't appear to have UV decomposition, but does 1960 have this prob, IDK.

However, That tank could be more valuable than the whole bike. I mean, it looks (in your photos) actual NOS (New old stock) Mint. Not a scratch, no chips nor marks at the screw holes And Mint tops the list in valuation. The tank pops this bike but, as value goes, I wouldn't mount it on it. B/C, if value is an issue then your highest bidder would be whoever owns a mint bike to match it. Or a collector who's only interested in top condition parts. Mint valuations can exceed near mint by 2 time the money

Last edited:
That's a tough one, I wouldn't know. The radiant red is sharp, vivid and doesn't appear to have UV decomposition, but does 1960 have this prob, IDK.

However, That tank could be more valuable than the whole bike. I mean, it looks (in your photos) actual NOS (New old stock) Mint. Not a scratch, no chips nor marks at the screw holes And Mint tops the list in valuation. The tank pops this bike but, as value goes, I wouldn't mount it on it. B/C, if value is an issue then your highest bidder would be whoever owns a mint bike to match it. Or a collector who's only interested in top condition parts. Mint valuations can exceed near mint by 2 time the money
Thanks that is alot to think about! Never considered a uv issue! Or mint valuation??

Back