When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Foothill Flyers/Overtown Brewing Vintage Bicycle Swap/Show/Ride

-
6E062D0D-116E-4438-9E32-0F61D203C0D2.jpeg

480FB957-F899-4295-B23C-E56340A6CD44.jpeg

EDC64BC9-3C98-4896-B42E-8EBCA9FE0C51.jpeg

937EA6B3-2C29-47D9-8D4B-CF34784456ED.jpeg

4818CE7F-CCB8-446A-9A50-122503FEAC28.jpeg

Thank you @fordmike65 and @Over Town Brewing Co. and the Foothill-Flyers for a hugely successful show & swap. I did very little outside of encouraging the idea whenever discussed over a few beers. Mike and Brewery owners hustled to design flyers, post updates, promote through newspapers and social media, cut out hang tags, coordinate food, and plan a ride. Clearly worth the effort, and I can’t wait to encourage the next one (over some beers)

Last edited:
I would like to thank everyone who came out and made the first Foothill Flyers Vintage Bicycle Swap/Show & Ride such a great success!!! The lot was full of great bikes & parts swapping hands during the event. Tho I was busy running around, I was able to score a nice Travelog speedo and drive cable! The show was unreal!!! 42 amazing vintage bikes on display! Everything from an 1886 Pope, several turn of the century bikes, a few Colsons(of course), beautiful ladies Pacemaker, a pair of RMS's, Schwinn motorbikes, 36 Super Streamline, 37 Firestone Fleetwood Supreme, Shelby's, Monarks, an Areocycle, an awesome '39 Zep, a Robin, '37 Bluebird, a pair of beautiful deluxe ladies Elgins and a lovely Colorflow. My head is still spinning from the EPIC turnout! So many incredible vintage and RARE bikes in one place. Many thanks to those who brought your beautiful bikes out to share...and to those who came out to enjoy the show, beer, and food. I'd also like to thank you guys for taking so many pics & posting them here. I was so busy & didn't get a chance to snap many of my own. What a day!

Hoping we can do this again sometime. Stay tuned... Til then, we'll see you at the next Foothill Flyers Ride every 3rd Saturday at Library Park in Monrovia,CA at 5:30 in the Summer months. We'll switch back to morning rides once it cools down again.
great success.gif

Last edited:
I think this event was a great success...thanks to all who put this together....even though there are no pics of my bike posted by others, I wanted to personally thank all of you who came up to comment on my bike, and also tell me how much you liked following my build on here and how it didn't disappoint in person. The outcome wasn't my goal. It was always to inspire others to try....This bike will now be restored to the crappy design given to it in 1938, and it will not be seen again..Thanks again....

Monrovia 8/18/19

Last edited:
Back