When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940's Donaldson Jockey Cycle Kids Riding Toy Three Wheels Unusual!

-

stingrayjoe

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
A local man called with looking to buy rear tires for this. The original Goodyear tires are used but not in bad shape except each one is evenly separated at a cross section. He is not a bicycle collector and does not know what to ask as a selling price. He feels it is rare. I explained rare does not always equal desirable. I was surprised there was little if no information on this site when I did a quick search. The only value he found on the www was a restored one that allegedly sold for $8K.

I took some photos at his place. The rear axle is set up like a pedal car. This machine moves when you push down with your feet on the treadle. The seat also move up and down like a see-saw as the rear wheels turn. Overall in good restorable condition. Nothing broken or repaired that I could see.

PM with any realistic offers or history you may wish to share.

IMG_2206.JPG

IMG_2207.JPG

IMG_2208.JPG

IMG_2209.JPG

IMG_2210.JPG

IMG_2211.JPG

There was one on our local C.L. in almost identical condition but had the handgrips and foot peg rubber.It sold for $185. Also one in really nice original paint.It sold for $325 at a local thrift shop.

The rear tires should be some standard size semi-pneumatic as used on tricycles of the period. Top Flight, Orco, Clipper, Swan, and other brands could be substituted for the original Goodyears. The smaller front one is more of a pedal tractor front tire size, but should still be available NOS.

Dave

A local man called with looking to buy rear tires for this. The original Goodyear tires are used but not in bad shape except each one is evenly separated at a cross section. He is not a bicycle collector and does not know what to ask as a selling price. He feels it is rare. I explained rare does not always equal desirable. I was surprised there was little if no information on this site when I did a quick search. The only value he found on the www was a restored one that allegedly sold for $8K.

I took some photos at his place. The rear axle is set up like a pedal car. This machine moves when you push down with your feet on the treadle. The seat also move up and down like a see-saw as the rear wheels turn. Overall in good restorable condition. Nothing broken or repaired that I could see.

PM with any realistic offers or history you may wish to share.

View attachment 1051482

View attachment 1051483

View attachment 1051485

View attachment 1051486

View attachment 1051487

View attachment 1051488
Cool tricycle but I like the flamingos more. I have a flamboyance in my yard. It keeps me in touch with my trailer park side

I agree $8K is not a realistic number. He does not feel it is worth $8k. That was the only one he was able to find doing his research.

Thanks to all for the posted pricing info. It is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Ive never seen a ride like that! I remember seeing a stand up version of the same kinda of motility! I wanna get the torch and welder and build a grown up version!!! I always wished they made a grown up big wheel! Ya know the plastic street machine that i was always too big and old for! Maybe i just got inspired! Thank you all!

Back