When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Today’s score,Original owner 64 Lime

-
I can’t quite tell if it was a slick or if it is a perfectly worn down knobby tire. The tread along the edges leads me to believe the latter.

I can’t quite tell if it was a slick or if it is a perfectly worn down knobby tire. The tread along the edges leads me to believe the latter.[/QUOTE

I agree, looks like a worn down knobby to me also. Maybe someone put the bike upside down, cranked the hell out of the rear tire and held a sander to it

My guess is that the kid who owned it was skidding like crazy, when we were kids we would see who could make the longest skid marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: hm.
Just talked again to the original owner, Fred. He confirmed the original knobby and BFG knobby both Fell victim the the skid mark challenges of 1960’s Chicago boyhood.

Fred with his 1964 Lime
36476B61-FFC2-4945-90B0-84023323FE8D.jpeg

Last edited:
Fred was riding on the bars with his friend in control of the ride. As young boys always will do, you hop curbs when your buddy is on the bars! Fred slipped from the bars and his foot caught in the front wheel. Bent spokes and rim along with bent pedal. These were the replacements.

Back