When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Frame of Uncertain Origin...Rollfast?

-

mazdaflyer

Wore out three sets of tires already!
An eBay aquisition, frame, fork, stem, bars, headset, crank sprocket and Rollfast headbadge with marginal powder coat finish. I added wheelset, tires and saddle. Have skiptooth chain which I need to shorten, undicided on pedals.
Any frame ID infor would be appreciated...
attachment.php

attachment.php

Shimano hub with skiptooth adapter gear
attachment.php

attachment.php

We were talking about this one when it was up on ebay--I don't remember what the verdict was. Looks Westfield-built to me but these diamond frames all look about the same to me.

I liked it right away when I saw it online (thought about bidding myself) and I love the look you gave it! Nice work.

I've seen a Sears Master from the teens with the same front fork. The ridge on the side of the fork blades and the fork crown would have originally been nickel plated. Cool bike and I think it was a good deal. like jprmo said, these old diamond frames are kind of tough to figure out.

Last edited:
rollfast?

I have an early Rollst ('33-'34 ) and from what I'm seeing, the chain tension screws are 1/4" as opposed to 3/16". Also the head badge has hoizontal rivot pattern w/ no rivots and no holes in frame. Other wise it is a nice rider.Just my 2 cents.

Liked this one too, when seen on the bay" Looks good, and the bars are fine, just like that! Mayby add some truss rods?

Drop outs look Mead designed also.

http://www.google.com/patents?id=41...PA1#v=onepage&q=mead ininventor:lewis&f=false

View attachment 34086 View attachment 34087 View attachment 34088

I'm guessing the sprocket on yours is not original... but getting a correct one would depend on what year your bike is. Sheldon Brown's bike has a skip tooth dated to 1916 and the sprocket shown in the patent is dated 1919. All depends on what you want to do with it. Too bad it looks so good just like it is. Makes it harder to want to think about restoring it as original while the bike is screaming RIDE ME! Congrats on a sweet ride though either way.

Back