When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Colson LWB

-
Once I took all the parts outside......you can see that the person who previously painted it actually took a grinder or a very coarse sanding disk to get the paint off......The fork & frame have a few "Grooves" on them.....
No big deal, just a little more sanding and primer work before paint.....

IMG_1986 (002).JPG

IMG_1992.JPG

IMG_1994.JPG

Taking a little break...............

coke.jpg

Yesterday afternoon, did a little sanding on all of the pieces.......they all needed a little spot putty.....

IMG_1995 (002).JPG

IMG_1997.JPG

IMG_1998 (002).JPG

IMG_1999.JPG

To most people this looks kinda like bondo......it's not.. The rear fender has a lot of pitting from rust, it's easier to use this than 10 coats of primer......it finds the low spots, and fills in the pitting...99% of it is sanded off....

IMG_2003 (002).JPG

IMG_2008 (002).JPG

IMG_2009 (002).JPG

IMG_2010 (002).JPG

IMG_2006.JPG

IMG_2011.JPG

IMG_2015.JPG

After sanding the frame this morning, it showed a little more pitting itself, so I decided to putty it. I'll let it dry for a while, sand it down after lunch, and paint some more primer......

IMG_2005.JPG

Must be time for another break........Cheers

tumblr_pw9qw7vw7V1x6lumfo1_400.gif

Another hour of sanding & a few more coats of primer, the days activities have come to an end......
Tomorrow I'll start again early with a little finish sanding, and check for anymore "defects". If anymore putty is to be applied...I'll switch to the red stuff for some contrast when sanding......if none required, there should be paint on this stuff by tomorrow afternoon......

IMG_2016.JPG

Another hour of sanding & a few more coats of primer, the days activities have come to an end......
Tomorrow I'll start again early with a little finish sanding, and check for anymore "defects". If anymore putty is to be applied...I'll switch to the red stuff for some contrast when sanding......if none required, there should be paint on this stuff by tomorrow afternoon......

View attachment 1060700
Looks like a tropical bicycle paradise!! A happy place!

Back