When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1948 Monark sex change?????

-
We didn't want a rack on the back but liked the ribbed design. So we joined it with the chain guard.
View attachment 967836

We had to weld the chainring to the cranks so to remove the pin that holds it. Also I used modern wider one piece cranks and sweet heart chainring.
View attachment 967841

View attachment 967843
Around my neck of the woods we call them "GWEELS BIKES". the after pics are really cool. It turned out really coool!! i see why it took so many awards. Enjoy and Ride On. Razin.

I think the saddle is a 1930s Persons. I took the cover off a $35 cruiser saddle. It was a single pan saddle so I modified a bottom pan from a dual pan Messinger saddle. That way it was easier to stretch the cover and make it conform. View attachment 967914

View attachment 967915

View attachment 967916

View attachment 967917

View attachment 967918
I just love how the seat turned out GOOD JOB!! I noticed you have a couple other seats on the floor to the left I would like to buy one for my old schwinn spit fire. If they don't have a home would you be willing to part with one? Please let me know. Thanks and Ride ON. Razin.

My buddy Curtis and I enter the bicycle portion of the Sacramento Autorama almost every year since 2010. This year we decided to do a TRM convertible tank on a 48 Monark Deluxe. I figured I wouldn't ruffle to many feathers because it was a girlie.
View attachment 967807

I went through the standard amount of parts switch/mock ups,...lots.View attachment 967814

View attachment 967815

View attachment 967816

We ended up dropping the skirts. We thought they interrupted the lines.
View attachment 967821

Now the fun stuff. Curtis is a very talented fabricator, he did all the fab work. He's great to work with. "Hey Curtis lets put a bracket on the chainstay so we don't have to use a strap", "okay".
View attachment 967823

We cut up a repo horn tank to place under the TRM tank
View attachment 967824

Removed the bottom support bar for a cleaner look.View attachment 967826
What kind of chain did you use? Looks really cool on this bike. Thanks and Ride On. Razin.

I think the saddle is a 1930s Persons. I took the cover off a $35 cruiser saddle. It was a single pan saddle so I modified a bottom pan from a dual pan Messinger saddle. That way it was easier to stretch the cover and make it conform. View attachment 967914

View attachment 967915

View attachment 967916

View attachment 967917

View attachment 967918
Would you be willing to part with one of the seats you have on the floor? I'm looking for one for a Spitfire custom project. Thanks and Ride on. Razin.

Back