When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
My bro-n-law, nephew and I rode to the Simsbury Fly-in, CT, parked a few miles away, beat crazy traffic, cool planes, every kind of car and truck, food trucks too. We made it a vintage bicycle event too.View attachment 1067721
View attachment 1067720
We were there, too. Wasn’t aware of the traffic situation (first timers). We were able to park nearby and walk the last mile or two, so not bad. I overheard a couple talking about their two hour wait. Anyway, realized after the fact that we could have ridden the entire way mostly on the trail from our home. So that’s probably what we will do next year.

Did 11 miles earlier in the day on Corvette with baby seat, and pulling the trailer. That combo with kids adds well over 100lbs, and of course it’s a 45lb bike to begin with. Managed to maintain a 10.2mph average speed, but was spent. No pics.

Rolled L.B.C.C. swap today.
20190922_144404.jpg
20190922_094939.jpg
20190922_120346.jpg
20190922_092120.jpg

Went to the "Niles Canyon Stroll and Roll" today. they closed the road and opened it to pedestrians and cyclists. I took the bike I rode there a few times a week in the summer months back in the 80's when I was young and handsome. too much traffic, not enough road for me to ride there now.:sleepy:

Niles Canyon is 6 miles long, but I went past it and then rode up and back twice. 32 miles. I usually ride only 10 or 15

this bridge is LOOONG when riding a bike in traffic!
9-22-19 (5).jpg

9-22-19 (6).jpg

all you get is the white line. VVVVVVV
9-22-19 (15).jpg

9-22-19 (16).jpg

9-22-19 (18).jpg

9-22-19 (19).jpg

Last edited:
I also left before sunrise, riding Velvet deLuxe.
I wore my Light bus jersey, that was given to me by artist, Bob Hieronimus, June 3rd.
All fired up, watching for connections to Light.
Obviously, more free time than most.:tearsofjoy:
IMG_4845.JPG
IMG_4851.JPG
IMG_4850.jpg

I was at the Wedge and remembered to look for trash to pick.
I parked my bike because there was quite a bit, being early.
I laughed out loud at the candy wrappers scattered about; favorites of mine.
It's a little bit better now.;)
On my roll back from the water tower, I changed directions to ride with and hang out with Peter H, and 2 of his grandsons; enjoying the ride.
IMG_4859.JPG
IMG_4860.JPG
IMG_4864.JPG
IMG_4867.JPG

Rolled back up the river trail, to CM to get my check, then back around to the other side to go home. 46 miles, laughing almost identical to the Yoder goose horn, that most folks enjoy.:D
Another great ride.

Back