When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Schwinn Stingray Stick shifter Question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here is a pic of mine it looks factory it is smooth slight bend to the left I have seen many others like this as well.

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600-8.jpg

The stick itself was bent weather on accident or intentionally they did not come that way

I dont know it all or proclaim to. But I have several items of evidence to support my theory on the 66 smooth shifter being flat and straight. I hope the info helps or if anyone else can chime in to correct me all info is accepted and welcomed.

20190921_230152.jpg

20190921_230140.jpg

you may be right... is that for sale?
It is for sale but I believe you said you were looking for a 3 speed this one has the 5 speed ball on the top, also the bike it came off of was a restored bike so someone tried to restore the old stickers on it and used some garbage so you would have to get new decals/stickers for it if you can use it, not positive if the shifters are the same minus what the ball and the decals say although I do know there the same size. Let me know if interested.

Ya it is a 3 speed...I really just needed the post the ball will come off... is it perfectly straight right? Do you have just a smooth post by chance?

Ya it is a 3 speed...I really just needed the post the ball will come off... is it perfectly straight right? Do you have just a smooth post by chance?
Yes flat like paper. No I'm sorry I dont and would hate to brake up a full shifter

Back