When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
Finished the tank and got my "new" wheels built then went and got me a samich.
20191007_180600.jpg

Rode the Violet Collegiate one last time, before it heads off to it's new home in PA. To those who inquired, I'm not shipping it - new owner has a friend who will be in Hartford on Thursday for work related to the marathon. Coincidentally, I'll be in Hartford same day, same time, same building to pick up my bib for a bike ride associated with the Hartford Marathon. So I'm doing a drop off. This closes one chapter in my electro-forged lightweight experience, but will begin another. In addition to cash, new owner is including another frame in my size (Violet was a bit too large at 22").

IMG_0387 2.JPG

IMG_5772.JPG

Light F'rall Merry Christmas Ride!
1940 Western Flyer HD, with Light Carrier bag, all day long.
I left before sunrise; still riding after sunset.
I stopped at each end for pics and short rest.
My personal best: 3 trips to the Wedge, and 4 trips to Sunset Water tower=120 miles total today.
What a great day for a ride!
IMG_5490.jpg
IMG_5499.jpg
IMG_5522.JPG
IMG_5526.JPG

40 miles in, Taco Tuesday at Great Mex for fuel.

IMG_5547.jpg
IMG_5562.jpg
IMG_5569.JPG
IMG_5572.JPG

I turned around at the river jetty, to go back to Sunset, in case it got more windy.

IMG_5577.JPG

This guy hollars, "Are you hungry for lunch?" as I'm going by; so I stop and eat fruit, sandwiches, and a few cookies, and he gives me this sample of some water-additive that he says will help my body re-make the enzymes it needs. Cool! Thanks!

IMG_5578.JPG
IMG_5602.JPG
IMG_5614.JPG

When I rode off the peninsula for the 3rd time today, the sun was starting to set and looking even more beautiful than before; so I kept going.
It was worth it; what a blast!

IMG_5618.JPG
IMG_5621.jpg
IMG_5665.JPG

I stopped and ate tacos at Tio Flaco's on my way home; and a Mint IT'S-IT when I got home.
Merry Christmas! Peace on Earth! Light for All!

Rode the Violet Collegiate one last time, before it heads off to it's new home in PA. To those who inquired, I'm not shipping it - new owner has a friend who will be in Hartford on Thursday for work related to the marathon. Coincidentally, I'll be in Hartford same day, same time, same building to pick up my bib for a bike ride associated with the Hartford Marathon. So I'm doing a drop off. This closes one chapter in my electro-forged lightweight experience, but will begin another. In addition to cash, new owner is including another frame in my size (Violet was a bit too large at 22").

View attachment 1075327

View attachment 1075328
I really liked your "Purple Screamer". But there is nothing wrong with Kool Lemon.

Back