When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a little guidance from our Schwinn folks.

-

Wanted33

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi my Schwinn friends. I almost have my brides '57 Murray ready to ride, and I need something to ride with her. I know this isn't what you would call vintage, but it looks like a good bike for me until I can find that right old one for me. My question is, is this bike worth the $80 the owner is asking. Thanks again for all you've given this newby.

Jim

schwinn.jpg

Hey Jim, congrats on soon to be tying the knot! If you want to be embarrassed 10 years from now looking at your wedding pics, thats the bike for you! Lol. I suggest maybe borrowing a set of classics for the big day or get yourself a better bike! Honestly, i would not take that schwinn for free! I guess $80 or so would be the going rate for it. IMO.

I would recommend something a little less chinese.

just my opinion.

plus the coaster brake on those are garbage, unless of course you like to hear the death rattle when you ride.

Hey Jim, congrats on soon to be tying the knot! If you want to be embarrassed 10 years from now looking at your wedding pics, thats the bike for you! Lol. I suggest maybe borrowing a set of classics for the big day or get yourself a better bike! Honestly, i would not take that schwinn for free! I guess $80 or so would be the going rate for it. IMO.

@DonChristie Thanks Don. I call her my bride, and have for 42 years. She's a good woman, and put's up with all of my crazy ideas. Witness the old Murray. :) Sorry for that confusion.

And, thank you all for the quick reply's. Sadly all new bikes in my price range seen to be made in China (like most everything else). I will take your advise, stay away from this one, and keep on with my search for a vintage American made bike.

Jim

Back