When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTF What totally facinating pedal is this??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bricycle

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
spring loaded??? I' m confused (as usual)....
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=283644194247
s-l1600.jpg

Early gen Crank Bros. A cleat on the shoe pushes the spings' parallel bars apart, then the bars snap onto the cleat. A Looser fit and a tad bit better in mud than traditional clipless pedal. Time also has this design. This candy was an in-betweener pedal with a plastic body around the pedal clips. Not made to last as the bearings went out alot.
Here is a cleat on the bottom of the shoe..
IMG_0203.JPG

Last edited:
Clipless pedals. Crank Bros parallel spring design gave more "float" or twisting motion of your shoe when "clipped in". One of the simplest designs of all, but had it's limitations. I didn't like the loosey-goosey feeling of them when I ran them for a bit, especially when standing up hauling-a! My foot came off the pedal once when haulin, so I got rid of em. You could not change the "release tension" on the springs like the other designs. Clipless pedals, if you are unfamiliar with them "connect" you to the bike in a more secure way than a platform pedal. It offers a more accurate and powerful foot-to-pedal-to-wheel stroke, especially with a good stiff shoe. You can ride longer and harder on any bike, and it gives you an "up" stroke as well as you cannot pull the shoe off of the pedal vertically or pull it backward or push it forward either.

Last edited:
Yes, "clipless" as a shortsighted reference to not having toe clips, but meant to achieve a similar purpose. "Locking", "Clip-in", or even something like "spring pedals" would have been a better name, but here we are. I had the SPD style for my mountain bike before I gave it away and have used it on my road bike. I really like the function of them and you can adjust the tension however you want (I liked them loose for mountain, tighter for road), but I like to cruise around and stop places and found the clickety-clack of the tap-dancing shoes to be too annoying.

Back