When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Light is Your Lightweight?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Miq

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I weighed my 1941 New World W1M today. It is 36 lbs. What does your lightweight weigh?
1571554974041.png

Yeah my 51-53 Schwinn Lightweights are anything but light, haven’t weighed them but noticeably heavier than an average road bike.

20190805_120143.jpg

1979 Suburban - Front freewheel System
(Rear rack, and generator light)

About 41 lbs naked / combat loaded ( Rhodegear bag, packed with a"D" lock, tools, tubes.. plus water) about 47 lbs.
20190801_154539.jpg

1972 Varisty
(chrome Wald fenders and rear rack and speedometer)

About 37 pounds.

View attachment 1081578
1979 Suburban - Front freewheel System
(Rear rack, and generator light)

About 41 lbs naked / combat loaded ( Rhodegear bag, packed with a"D" lock, tools, tubes.. plus water) about 47 lbs.View attachment 1081580
1972 Varisty
(chrome Wald fenders and rear rack and speedometer)

About 37 pounds.

It makes a difference and it's more accurate if you're naked while standing on the scale while holding the bike. :p

Thanks @Sven and @Jeff54 ! 36 lbs is not out of whack then. I can see how adding a few more gears and racks would add a couple more lbs. 19 lbs is insane and that Trek looks fast. I bet those wheels are a lot truer and present much less rolling resistance than the Kenda K23s on my beat up S6 rims. :p You can't hop the railroad trax like me though...

@SKPC Under 30 lbs is probably a good target for a modernized ride. Even with the Aluminum parts it's not easy I bet. Nice pics of the Hawthorne.

@GTs58 That's a sharp big frame bike. Just under 36 lbs is right in the sweet spot. Thanks for the close ups!

Back