When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 Elgin Deluxe

-
1569724184868.png

I'm glad you got it whole he tried to piece it out on ebay. You did a great job and a great service to that bike

He didn't bother to tell me about them either. There were several other things different than in the photos when I received the bike.

I didn't get a good feeling from him. He would never give me the pics I asked for and the part out attempt riled me. But again TY for the service you did that bike!

I have this exact same bike and I've been looking for an original orange rim for like like 4 years now.
I have an elgin yet to get down from the ceiling, i believe everything is original including the tires and has orange rims, had one owner who drove to work back in the day. Only recall the kick stand being unique, ill get the barn swallow sunscreen off it tomorrow.

I have an elgin yet to get down from the ceiling, i believe everything is original including the tires and has orange rims, had one owner who drove to work back in the day. Only recall the kick stand being unique, ill get the barn swallow sunscreen off it tomorrow.
Share some pics

This is a 1941 Elgin Deluxe I purchased from a fellow Caber a few months back. It was a solid bike that just needed a good clean up. Started with an OA bath.
Next project was to find the correct Airflo Musselman hubs with correct wheel set, along with a with a set of Allstate tires. It came with no horn unit so an aftermarket unit was added. After considerable work I got the Alien headlight and the taillight working. A lot of careful polishing got the paint back to a presentable level along with having the paint color matched for the wheels which were painted to match the existing patina. Patina pinstriping finished it off.View attachment 1070183

View attachment 1070184

View attachment 1070188

View attachment 1070189

I'm pretty happy with the final result. First photo is as found, the rest are how it looks now.
Wowza!! This Elgin turned out SPECTACULAR!!! Good job on a really GREAT bike!! Enjoy and Ride On. Razin.

Back