When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown industrial thing, help id

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sue12

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi I found saw this at a local co op and have never seen one like it before. The shop owner said that it is Japanese. It is a little buried but I got the shots I could without taking it all the way out. It is a trike with a dump bed on it?? Help me id it and maybe a value??

Ancient Chinese Secret...
Hawker BikeView attachment 1089086
Yeah that is the type of thing? Thinking though if this is Japanese then just like flying pigeon, forever or Phoenix bike this type of thing is all over Asia n big parts of Africa too. Constantly see asking prices for flying pigeon bikes up there just because there is not a lot of them around. They look like Raleigh sportsters but of course are not. There are bajillions of them just not here.

All the antique shops I've been in are like weird uncurated museums—nothing but <$20 souvenir knickknacks ever seem to move even with a steady stream of visitors. Like most of the furniture they try to sell, that will still be there in 10 years priced as if it's a high end example of a sought after collectible, when it's an average or low end piece in variable condition that nobody wants (especially when I see plenty of good furniture on the side of the road for free, but people would rather by overpriced Ikea junk to put in a landfill than something quality that's solid wood that can be easily fixed with some cheap tools if necessary or modified to suit taste. My bedroom set is built like new furniture that cost a couple grand for each piece, but looks unique, and it was given to me. I spent $200 modifying and restoring it—most of that the expensive hardware—then <$50 12 years later to update it to match the new house. I added a radio cabinet from about the same year and fixed that up to match with modern guts. Also attained for free.). How any of them can even afford to keep the lights on, I've never been able to figure out.

Back