When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eagle Quad-Stay stem needed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Vicious Cycle

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have a Eagle Quad-Stay racer that needs a Stem. It is a smaller diameter (into the head-tube) than any of the stems in my stable. Would anyone have an

original they could measure so I know what to look for. Or better yet if someone has a stem to part with ?

PM please

thanks

You might have better luck posting this on the antique section. I need something similar and a fork too for my early Over truss frame racer. The normal stem quil diameter is 7/8", so you need something smaller than that, possibly 3/4".

You might have better luck posting this on the antique section. I need something similar and a fork too for my early Over truss frame racer. The normal stem quil diameter is 7/8", so you need something smaller than that, possibly 3/4".

I don't know what year you're talking and I imagine you meant to type Iver, but if it's a matter of getting it riding while looking for an original part, a regular 1" quill stem fits my 1912 (I have a set of more upright bars I can swap the original track bar out for). Fork, I don't know for sure, but mine has a common contemporary replacement (multiplate crown I've seen on other bikes of the era), so I doubt it's anything weird.

I don't know what year you're talking and I imagine you meant to type Iver, but if it's a matter of getting it riding while looking for an original part, a regular 1" quill stem fits my 1912 (I have a set of more upright bars I can swap the original track bar out for). Fork, I don't know for sure, but mine has a common contemporary replacement (multiplate crown I've seen on other bikes of the era), so I doubt it's anything weird.
I think that my Iver, (sorry for the typo) is the first year that they made the truss frame racer, 1902. The ID of my head tube is 1" not 1 1/8". I'd like to know if the Eagle also has a 1" ID head tube. I do have one extra, early, smaller diameter steerer tube fork in my workshop. I need to measure it's OD and ID. I suspect several of the early racers had smaller head tubes. My G&J Racer Tandem has a tapered head tube.

No, I have a Eagle Quad Stay '03 Racer with the "Pat.1899" tag on the chain-stay. My caliper says just shy of 3/4" (.715") at the top nut.

Back