When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Light is Your Lightweight?

-
So....................................You guys got me thinkin' . I have these two Lightweights ? I think . A 1978 Schwinn Camel Back Varsity , and a 1961 ? Robin Hood made by Raleigh . The Schwinn Weighs in at 35 Lbs . The Robin Hood at 32 Lbs . Weighed with an old Bathroom scale Holding the bikes ...................and subtracting MY weight. Here's the Two of them together . Ride Safe ! :sunglasses:

DSCF2226.JPG

DSCF2236.JPG

DSCF2240.JPG

DSCF2234.JPG

DSCF2243.JPG

DSCF1590.JPG

DSCF2183.JPG

So....................................You guys got me thinkin' . I have these two Lightweights ? I think . A 1978 Schwinn Camel Back Varsity , and a 1961 ? Robin Hood made by Raleigh . The Schwinn Weighs in at 35 Lbs . The Robin Hood at 32 Lbs . Weighed with an old Bathroom scale Holding the bikes ...................and subtracting MY weight. Here's the Two of them together . Ride Safe ! :sunglasses:

View attachment 1089474

View attachment 1089475

View attachment 1089476

View attachment 1089484

View attachment 1089485

View attachment 1089486

View attachment 1089487
What size frame is the Robin Hood? I was hoping my Dunelt (21”) was going to be significantly less than the 37lbs it is. I feel like I should strip off the accessories and re weigh it.

both very nice bikes, btw.

What size frame is the Robin Hood?

The robin Hood frame measures 18 " from center of crank to the top of the seat post tube. It measures 41" Center to Center of the axles . It's a 26" model with 26 x 1 3/8" Tires . Flat profile Rims ( not raised in the center at all ) . Paint is faded to a "Burnt Orange/Candy Color " Haven't confirmed year yet as I just got it last Sunday. Your Dunelt was the one that made me think of the Robin Hood , It looks to be in Great Shape . Keep the shiny side up ! :grinning:

DSCF2171.JPG

DSCF2194.JPG

DSCF2199.JPG

DSCF2180.JPG

The robin Hood frame measures 18 " from center of crank to the top of the seat post tube. It measures 41" Center to Center of the axles . It's a 26" model with 26 x 1 3/8" Tires . Flat profile Rims ( not raised in the center at all ) . Paint is faded to a "Burnt Orange/Candy Color " Haven't confirmed year yet as I just got it last Sunday. Your Dunelt was the one that made me think of the Robin Hood , It looks to be in Great Shape . Keep the shiny side up ! :grinning:

View attachment 1089595

View attachment 1089596

View attachment 1089598

View attachment 1089599
Nice. Your bike looks to have a TCW rear hub. Those are date coded just like the Sturmey AW. That should bring you within a year of the build date.

Back