When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

***Hurricane Coaster November ride***

-

DonChristie

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
In Memoriam
I finally have a new job and can get back to our monthly rides again! Lets ride the little sugar creek greenway on Sunday, Nov. 10. Meet at Caribou coffee at 4327 Park road, Charlotte, 28209 at 9am and leave at 10am. All are welcome! Lets ride!

5D25AA3C-C956-4A2B-8763-44D18363DE77.jpeg

Hey @DonChristie .... Congrats on the New Job !! CHEERS!! Now we can get back to the monthly Fun-day Sunday Cruisin' !!
I will be there weather permitting .... and after the ride .... while we are sippin' on some brews ... Let's try to figure out a day to all rendezvous at that Rail-Trail over in Rutherfordton, NC called the "Thermal Belt Rail-Trail" .... I'm jonezin' to check that out based on some Great reviews by some other vintage cruisin' buddies I know who have ridden it. It is less crowded because of its more rural location .... yet still within an hour of Charlotte .... and for myself and @Freqman1 coming up from GA ... its about the same travel time/distance from here... See you in a couple weeks! CCR Dave

I finally have a new job and can get back to our monthly rides again! Lets ride the little sugar creek greenway on Sunday, Nov. 10. Meet at Caribou coffee at 4327 Park road, Charlotte, 28209 at 9am and leave at 10am. All are welcome! Lets ride!

View attachment 1086730

Great news Don! I'm glad we can get this back on a regular schedule. I'll see if I can scrounge up something to ride and see ya there! V/r Shawn

I am definitely planning on attending & riding with hopefully new friends;) If Anybody has parts for sale for these following type bikes '39 J.C Higgins, '57 J.C Higgins, '51 Columbia, '51 Monark Rocket, & a '53 CWC woman's bike ... Bring'em:tonguewink: I'm hunting all kinds of stuff to build with

Looking forward to meeting you @Superman1984 , always great to see new faces and bikes! Make sure anyone riding dresses warm! Forecasted low for Saturday nite is 33! Arctic ride!

Like wise. Can you tell me about how many miles the ride is here? I seen 1 was like 12 miles :sweat:
Looking forward to meeting you! This ride is pretty easy. Maybe 10 miles round trip, but pretty flat. We ride a leisurely pace with “photo-ops” along the way. We usually take a lunch break at Hickory Tavern (totally optional) on the way back.
I see you’re looking for bike parts. Let us know specifically what you need as parts are often used on several different makes and models; pedals, bars, seats, wheels/hubs, etc
You’ll find lots of support and encouragement here! Ride on!!.

Looking forward to meeting you! This ride is pretty easy. Maybe 10 miles round trip, but pretty flat. We ride a leisurely pace with “photo-ops” along the way. We usually take a lunch break at Hickory Tavern (totally optional) on the way back.
I see you’re looking for bike parts. Let us know specifically what you need as parts are often used on several different makes and models; pedals, bars, seats, wheels/hubs, etc
You’ll find lots of support and encouragement here! Ride on!!.
I Really like the Higgins truss rod setup so at least 2 of those, don't have to be mint as painting would be Ok, Columbia springer, deep or peaked 26" fenders that are workable, and a decent dog leg crank for a '50s Monark. Had to cut mine to disassemble & grease :cry:. If anybody rebuilds wheels I would love to get some of the O.G wheels redone too. 1 thing I haven't learned to do but I may someday

Back