When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thad Pinnix still around?

-

Nashman

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Is Thad still around? Is he on the Cabe? I dealt with him MANY years ago ( 1980's) when he was in Shrevport La. I bought hundreds of pictures off him and he helped educate me in the hobby. Come to think of it, it was Thad who sold me most of my original colored Goodyear tires WAY back when.

If my old memory ( many cells deleted) clicks, we even met up briefly in Hershey for me to pick up a set of NOS greens. Whew.......memories. I have literally hundreds of 35mm pics of the Rare of the RARE he sold me. I reconnected with Leon Dixon yesterday, but Thad...I dunno.

I quote Scott from a thread I found."Nov 9, 2009

Nope, Thad Pinnix used to put that catalog out many moons ago. Only place to find him now is at the meets".

Feel free to private message me or email me directly at s[email protected]

Scott McCaskey
www.thecabe.com

Our "fearless leader" Scott McCaskey and I go back over 20 years, but Leon and Thad, over 30. Why do I feel old? Ha!! Bob

tomahawk 1.JPG

greens.JPG

COLORED GOODYEARS.jpeg

Last edited:
Is Thad still around? Is he on the Cabe? I dealt with him MANY years ago ( 1980's) when he was in Shrevport La. I bought hundreds of pictures off him and he helped educate me in the hobby. Come to think of it, it was Thad who sold me most of my original colored Goodyear tires WAY back when.

If my old memory ( many cells deleted) clicks, we even met up briefly in Hershey for me to pick up a set of NOS greens. Whew.......memories. I have literally hundreds of 35mm pics of the Rare of the RARE he sold me. I reconnected with Leon Dixon yesterday, but Thad...I dunno.

I quote Scott from a thread I found."Nov 9, 2009

Nope, Thad Pinnix used to put that catalog out many moons ago. Only place to find him now is at the meets".

Feel free to private message me or email me directly at s[email protected]

Scott McCaskey
www.thecabe.com

Our "fearless leader" Scott McCaskey and I go back over 20 years, but Leon and Thad, over 30. Why do I feel old? Ha!! Bob

View attachment 1096036

View attachment 1096037

View attachment 1096040

he was at MLC/AA a couple of years ago. Haven’t seen him since. V/r Shawn

I hadn't thought of Thad for years. I sold him 12 dozen retarder springs for New Departure one time.

Down here we call him "The Preacher Man". There is a couple of stories why this name is fitting to him. Cigar Don, Angry Joe. Catfish etc etc

Down here we call him "The Preacher Man". There is a couple of stories why this name is fitting to him. Cigar Don, Angry Joe. Catfish etc etc
I could see that nickname being suitable for Thad. In my memories of our conversations and dealings it was apparent Thad was/is a very religious man. Thanks!

Yep back in the day collectors were too cheap to lay out the 5 or 6 bucks for his catalog there were some rally great things in their bought my first set of all white indian head carsliles from him back when they almost did not exist good times

Back