When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

White 59 Racer cleanup

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yep, your absolutly right about the two front fenders. I really like the sharper point fender, but these do make the bike pop. I’ve got a chrome kickstand for it as well.
Go for it! After all the effort make it shine. How do you like the Mattress seat? What is it off of?

Go for it! After all the effort make it shine. How do you like the Mattress seat? What is it off of?
Not sure what it’s off of, but i have several of them. At least they’re comfortable, I fixed the original S seat, good to go but not comfortable.

Curious to see if anything can be done to improve the decals. I've been told no many times, but had to try different methods on mine before I agreed they are right. Thoughts?

Many times in the past I had good luck with Windex on a clean white cloth. Spray Windex on the rag and wipe over the decal again and again till happy. Rub gently.

I got some magic erasers to test out and wow. I consider myself a detailing snob and these things are amazing. I have been working on some 50s white decal on a dark paint background for a while now. The white had basically turned brown with decades of exposure. I was going over it for a long time with a light cutting polish but it wasn't really getting it that well and I felt like I was burning through some areas too much and not getting some areas all that well (not consistent). I just took one of the pads and went over the entire surface lightly for a couple minutes and it works great. These are apart of my detailing tool kit from here on out. It also seems to remove rust stains. I had been going over some paint areas with steel wool, brass brush and WD40 for a while and removed all the rust, but it still had an orange haze to it. I was wiping it off but nothing got rid of that coloring completely and the eraser pads seem to do the trick.

Quote:

Magic Erasers
are actually made of melamine foam, which has been used for decades as an insulation and soundproofing material. About 10 years ago, some smarty-pants discovered that melamine foam was also an effective abrasive cleaner!
Looking for a better, more effective and more gentle way to clean my teeth I tried a piece of "magic eraser sponge". It's the perfect way to remove stains from teeth! ... Melamine foam is not toxic and not corrosive but it can easily damage the membranes of skin cells if the sponge rubs along your gums or any soft skin.

Good to know. I assumed it had some chemicals in it. It looks like it is just a really fine sandpaper. It worked really well.

Récent pic.

Back