When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1935 Shelby?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sacket cycle works

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hey guys. I picked this bike up a couple years ago and am just now getting to it. I believe it’s a 35 Shelby but I’m not sure if there is a specific model name etc. for it. If anyone has some info on it or an old article and such that would be helpful. Thanks

Last edited:
@Freqman1

It's a nice bike. An uncommon frame, was available two ways. One had the straight upper rear stays and another had rear stays that were slightly curved.

I'm not sure this one is as old as 35 though. Nor the one in the other referenced thread. The early ones I've seen have raingutter fenders. I also don't see it in any of the Gambles literature I have from 35 and 36. The Eagle badge indicates it was a Gambles distributed bike.

I'd guess this one to be from 37-39. I have seen and have literature showing this frame style in 37, 38, 39 and even as late as October 1940.

Here's a hardware catalog page from 1938 showing this model.

IMG_20171018_233149.jpg

@Freqman1

It's a nice bike. An uncommon frame, was available two ways. One had the straight upper rear stays and another had rear stays that were slightly curved.

I'm not sure this one is as old as 35 though. Nor the one in the other referenced thread. The early ones I've seen have raingutter fenders. I also don't see it in any of the Gambles literature I have from 35 and 36. The Eagle badge indicates it was a Gambles distributed bike.

I'd guess this one to be from 37-39. I have seen and have literature showing this frame style in 37, 38, 39 and even as late as October 1940.

Here's a hardware catalog page from 1938 showing this model.

View attachment 1098955
As always-informative and accurate information Chris! Need to change your user name to “Shelby Man”! V/r Shawn

Back