When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

decisions decisions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My unsolicied advice is that when you consider dropping this kind of coin you should have enough knowledge to make a decision with relying on group consensus. V/r Shawn

That's what the CABE is for? To solicit opinions from others you trust to help you make a decision you admit you are not qualified to make. Does your comment suggest that a person that isn't an expert ( or have deep pockets$$) cannot buy a high end bicycle? It's an exclusive "club"? Well that's just sad. Not what the CABE or the hobby is about in my mind. Chime in group if you agree.

What kind of message does that send to new members? Not everyone has DEEP pockets or are as informed as people such as...well you Shawn. I admit, I'm still a student of the hobby after 35 + years, but have humility and admit it. I've been in contact with an old pal Leon Dixon over the last week, and he has given me lots of food for thought on the hobby ( again), and lots of cool info, pictures, and his classic humour. He's Class all the way, just as he was back in the 80's...I digress.

People with more money and knowledge than myself on anything ( funny, the Robin comes to mind?) neither intimidate me or put my enthusiasm for the hobby off kilter. I have so many great Cabe buddies, and enjoy the banter, info, pics, and above all, we are ALL EQUAL no matter what our pocketbook/bank acct. says, or if you don't know a Rocket ray from a prewar loader. We are all just people trying to have fun. Cheers, Bob

That's what the CABE is for? To solicit opinions from others you trust to help you make a decision you admit you are not qualified to make. Does your comment suggest that a person that isn't an expert ( or have deep pockets$$) cannot buy a high end bicycle? It's an exclusive "club"? Well that's just sad. Not what the CABE or the hobby is about in my mind. Chime in group if you agree.

What kind of message does that send to new members? Not everyone has DEEP pockets or are as informed as people such as...well you Shawn. I admit, I'm still a student of the hobby after 35 + years, but have humility and admit it. I've been in contact with an old pal Leon Dixon over the last week, and he has given me lots of food for thought on the hobby ( again), and lots of cool info, pictures, and his classic humour. He's Class all the way, just as he was back in the 80's...I digress.

People with more money and knowledge than myself on anything ( funny, the Robin comes to mind?) neither intimidate me or put my enthusiasm for the hobby off kilter. I have so many great Cabe buddies, and enjoy the banter, info, pics, and above all, we are ALL EQUAL no matter what our pocketbook/bank acct. says, or if you don't know a Rocket ray from a prewar loader. We are all just people trying to have fun. Cheers, Bob

Whoa there Bob. Nothing like that at all. This is why you have a group of friends that you trust for advice and use the PM function, email, or phonecall for. Putting what you're interested in on blast is the quickest way to lose a deal in my book--oh wait that's what happened. That said it's no one else's fault if you drop that kind of coin and get burned so a little (lot) of self-education can save you a lot of money and heartache down the road.

Back