When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very Old Columbia Question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I agree, a full photo would be very useful. 800.00 sound definitely in the ballpark, but the condition that I'm seeing, puts that at the retail end.

i love mine.

The piece on the rear axle is the mounting peg. From a modern perspective it's not really necessary, but it was a carry-over from how people were used to mounting a high wheel bike.

I think in pieces the bike is worth way more than $800 if one wanted to build this with all these correct parts.

Take for example:

Frame - fork with badge - $400
Wheelset - $500 - 600 easily! ( these are the rare Porcupine hubs! )
Front Boothroyd tire - $250
Saddle - $400
Bars - stem - $200 ( flip the bars upside down and it was also used as their factory racing bar )
Pedals - these are the RARE RACING PEDALS rarely seen!!!! $600
There's still other parts like cranks, chainring, headset, bottom bracket, seat post, chain, etc etc ..... try and build this bike for $800 - Good luck!

That's my 2 cents on it anyway. It's a bargain at $800 if that's the price.

Note: the Model 45 was not their racing model ( the #44 was ) but this bike does have the racing pedals as the owner must have preferred them to the originals.

Back